Oil change when?

slngshott

Registered
How many miles do you go between oil changes? I am running full synthetic Royal Purple 10w 40 and have 3,800 miles on it. Is it time to change or not yet?

You will get a lot of different answers on that. 4,000-5,000 miles should be
fine with the Royal Purple, but some peeps on here are SUPER ANAL...they
will change their oil anywhere from 1,000-3,000 miles :banghead:

i purchased amsoil here 10-40 only paid 34.50 for a gallon from local dist. cant wait to see how it performs. raining and didnt change it yet (wife dont know i bought it lol waiting for her to go to work tomorrow)

I use Honda GN4 oil. Nothing special, just motorcycle oil, and I change it somewhere in the neighborhood of 3000 miles. My last change went closer to 8,000. ::9

I ve used Amsoil since break in. I run it one season spring to fall usually 5000 to 5500 miles. I usually add to it the better part of a quart in that time but I keep it right on the full mark always.

Back when I was commuting I changed it every 12K or so. Yes, you read that right. Mobil Racing 4T and a factory filter. Looks nearly the same coming out as going in.

Now that I don't commute I'll change it yearly, or every 3K, which is weak but all I get to ride anymore.

Back when I was commuting I changed it every 12K or so. Yes, you read that right. Mobil Racing 4T and a factory filter. Looks nearly the same coming out as going in.

Now that I don't commute I'll change it yearly, or every 3K, which is weak but all I get to ride anymore.
Is the 4T good stuff?

Is the 4T good stuff?

Mobil 1 4T is good stuff :thumbsup:

Mobil_1_Racing_4T_10W40_Motor_Oil_detail.jpg

I picked up nearly two MPG and it shifts considerably smoother than conventional oil. Being cheap I ran Rotella through her last year and changed it after 2K. Didn't shift nearly as well and I'm not good so I need all the help I can get.

I'm sold on Mobil synthetic. I spent so much time at GM I got to talk to the engineers from time to time. There's a reason that factories use Mobil 1 even if they don't advertise it. It's in everything I own, even the lawn mower.

i purchased amsoil here 10-40 only paid 34.50 for a gallon from local dist. cant wait to see how it performs. raining and didnt change it yet (wife dont know i bought it lol waiting for her to go to work tomorrow)

Wait.....are you hiding things now Chris!? :lol: And exactly where was this gallon of oil ???

Yep! And you can get it @ Advanced Auto too :thumbsup:
Sweet! I usually get it at Wally World, when I can find it. I was at the dealer today ordering parts, glanced at their price, $13.99 a quart! I set it down like it was glowing red.

Back