Thinking about trading up!

feiji

Registered
Hi everybody, Feiji (Fey-Jie) here from Alabama. I've been reading this forum for almost a year now. I've been riding a 2008 Yamaha FZ6 for the last 2 years and think I'm about ready to trade up. Yesterday a friend of mine was at the local Suzuki shop getting his 2008 Busa serviced and sent me some pics (attached). He says the dealer is asking $8999 for this bike and it has somewhere around 2500 - 3000 miles on it. He didn't have the key at the time and they just got it so he wasn't exactly sure. I've been looking for an 08 for quite some time so I'm pretty sure this is a good price. You guys think they'll be offended if I ask $8500 for it? Really trying to keep it below 9k. I don't know why, just a number I don't want to go over. I'll be trading my FZ6 in which is in good shape, has around 6k miles on it and only owe $3000. I plan to go look at the bike on Tuesday since they're closed Sun and Mon. Let me know what you guys think. I look forward to being a owner/member of this forum really, really, really soon. Oh, what exhaust is on this? I think it's the voodoo but not sure.

Thanks,

Feiji

Busa1.jpg

Busa2.jpg

Busa3.jpg

Busa4.jpg

looks nice, just shop the $ as they are different all over. Here in AZ you would get it for 8500 out the door. in mint shape

You know, I'm thinking about trading up myself. This big heifer from Mobile Alabama now weighs in at 305. (Double first cousin to LA BUSA) When I married her she weighed a meager 118. I'm looking at upgrading to an 18 year old Japanese exchange student!

What do you think? :dunno:

You know, I'm thinking about trading up myself. This big heifer from Mobile Alabama now weighs in at 305. (Double first cousin to LA BUSA) When I married her she weighed a meager 118. I'm looking at upgrading to an 18 year old Japanese exchange student!

How much is it going to cost you? :rofl:

I got home 4:00 this morning, my wife looked at me and says "If you loved me you wouldn't drink"!

I said "If I didn't drink I couldn't love you"! :whistle:

$89999 is high, try to bring him closer to $8K. But you'll diminish your "bargaining power" since you're trading in a bike with a loan balance still on it.

$89999 is high, try to bring him closer to $8K. But you'll diminish your "bargaining power" since you're trading in a bike with a loan balance still on it.

You ain't kidding that's unbelievable !!!

WOW!

LOL!
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok back on topic...:whistle:
I dont think those are factory Kanjis for an 08 as they were not chrome.
May want to inspect/inquire more as to the origin and reason for them.
Have you tried to sell your bike for close to the balance and getting out of it clean? The dealer may give you a fair trade on it and it's most definitely worth seeing how much they will give you for it. What do you figure your bike is worth? What fees does the dealer have other than tax and tag? Does it have a clean title?

If they are asking $8999 for it than my guess is they own it for 7-7500.
Make them an offer...
They take your bike and zero the current loan (if you think that's fair?) and accept $8,000 OUT THE DOOR for the 08. That's $7250 x 6% tax (Florida rate) ,$200 for a tag transfer and $115 left over for any 'dealer fee' they may have. Let them work into your SERIOUS offer.

There are several shorty pipe makers and those could be from any one of them.
The bike looks clean.

$9K is high but they are a dealer & they've got bills to pay. Normal asking price for them, but it's not worth that. (Saiid makes a good point to also budget another $1000 for your tax/title/license/insurance policy). Btw, those shorty pipes (if they are HB) are cheap - say about $200, not going to increase the value of the bike. You'll need earplugs as soon as they start it up. ???

I just paid $8000 for this a couple days ago (bone stock 08) & it has $800 Yosh R77 slip-ons on it. Private seller, cash talks. 3 yrs old & it still has the nubbins on the original tires. The deals are out there.

Dsc04272_800.jpg

Dsc04293_800.jpg

Dsc04314_800.jpg

Dsc04272_800.jpg

Dsc04293_800.jpg

Dsc04314_800.jpg

Thanks for all the input folks. You too Tufbusa. LoL! I'm gonna go take a look at the bike tomorrow. Might just make the 8k out the door offer. If they won't deal then it's no biggie. I can keep looking. Might go ahead and throw my bike on Craigslist and see what I can get for it.

I agree, get the Busa :laugh:

Back