thinking about a different kind of hump mod

txbikerdude

Donating Member
Registered
i have searched the forum and google searched and nothing... i am thinking about mounting spikes on the busa hump.. what do you guys think?

The first thought that comes to mind is OUCH. Your leg might catch them when getting on/off the bike and causing damage to either your leg or the hump....

If you have seen my Bike you know how I feel about spikes.

Hell Yeah, Make sure you send pics.

But you might want to practice swinging that leg a little higher, But I do like the idea.

they have some stick on spikes for helmets that might work.

yea, I have seen those, I may try those first to make sure I like it, then get if so, ill pull the drill out and bolt them on. I am not thinking about large spikes, probably the smaller ones that you use on the windscreen (because those come with the rubber mounts

i have searched the forum and google searched and nothing... i am thinking about mounting spikes on the busa hump.. what do you guys think?

Your a Pioneer in the Hump Spike, Im liking this Idea, Do you have Spikes on your Helmet.

I would not put spikes anywhere on my bike.
I hate getting needles so that would be too much.
Just me.

It would further discourage all potential passengers though?

Have you done any measuring yet to see how many you would put on the hump.

See now you have me thinking about it, I was thinking a little bigger than the windscreen spikes but then its start getting a little pricey.

I guess sometime today I will wander out and do some measuring of my own, You know the spikes for the Grab Bar would look awesome.

Have you done any measuring yet to see how many you would put on the hump.

See now you have me thinking about it, I was thinking a little bigger than the windscreen spikes but then its start getting a little pricey.

I guess sometime today I will wander out and do some measuring of my own, You know the spikes for the Grab Bar would look awesome.

just got back from the garage, measuring it out with different spikes that are already on my bike... :)

just talked to DemmyM and came up with a better idea.. multiple spikes down the middle of the hump, starting with a tall spike and working its way down smaller and smaller... wooohoo

So here I am measuring the distance I have to work with on the hump and tail section.

I figure I have 14" to work with

Sitting at the table talking to myself and say ( OK I have 14" to work with ) Just as the wife walks by, I hear her snicker and then says ( Little optimistic there arent you )

Damn Women.

Anywayyyyyyyyyyy I figure 5 down the hump and 2 on the tail section. 2 5/16" apart.

That is a cool idea, but I saw one a few months ago at a local bike night that might bare mention in this thread. It looked like the guy stenciled a kanji on the sides of his hump, very carefully dremel'd them out, epoxied some translucent plastic on the inside and mounted LED's behind that. The overall look was very clean and very cool. Less potentially painful than covering it in spikes (Which I will be the first to admit are not my "thaang") and may discourage fewer potential passengers.

just my 2c.

There's a busa in the latest Super Streetbikes mag that has spikes down the hump. I couldn't find a pic of it on the net but somebody might have better luck. It doesn't look bad on that bike, it actually has a backbone airbrushed down the center of the bike and the spikes accent that.

so here i am measuring the distance i have to work with on the hump and tail section.

I figure i have 14" to work with

sitting at the table talking to myself and say ( ok i have 14" to work with ) just as the wife walks by, i hear her snicker and then says ( little optimistic there arent you )

damn women.

Anywayyyyyyyyyyy i figure 5 down the hump and 2 on the tail section. 2 5/16" apart.

lmao

Someone photochop some images of that so we can see what it would look like.

--Wag--

Something's going over my head here....what do spikes do? All I can think of is a Roman chariot battle wagon look. Is that what it's for...the look? Raydog

Something's going over my head here....what do spikes do? All I can think of is a Roman chariot battle wagon look. Is that what it's for...the look? Raydog

what do they do?

1) they look badass
2) keeps lil devils off the back of the bike
3) they look badass
4) they look badass
5) oh yea, did I mention they look badass?

:thumbsup:

Buy another hump on ebay so you can swap spike hump to stock one when you get tired of it.

Back