Hump pads

Big Wall

Registered
I found a hump pad on ebay today. If you are interested, go to ebay and do a search for hayabusa. They are $30.00.

Attachments

• Hump_Pad.cpt
    243.9 KB · Views: 131
I am going to be making my own hump pad with some high density foam covered in the Carbon Fibre material off of the Bra that is currently on my bike. I'm just waiting until I find something to replace the bra first....

I'm thinking of making my own like Rev, but I searched for the pad on E-Bay. It was on page 12 of 18, so here's a link directly to the ad for anyone that want's to view it. I couldn't get the previous link to load.

Hump Pads link

You have to look close on the pic because they've got a black pad on a blue hump.

Jim

OK I sure hope none of you all are selling this Item...Cause I am about to slam the crap out of it. Go Buy yourself some high density Foam, some industrial strength sticky backed Velcro, and grab your Exacto knife. Cost you about $8. $30 for this hump pad is kinda criminal. Make your own folks, Get creative... Make a Bunch and then sell yours on Ebay for a crazy price... :D

ewwwwwwwwww

9d_1.JPG

OK I sure hope none of you all are selling this Item...Cause I am about to slam the crap out of it.  Go Buy yourself some high density Foam, some industrial strength sticky backed Velcro, and grab your Exacto knife.  Cost you about $8.  $30 for this hump pad is kinda criminal.  Make your own folks, Get creative...  Make a Bunch and then sell yours on Ebay for a crazy price...  :D
Damn Rev... ya got crap all over the inside of my monitor.
Ya have any idea how hard that is to clean up? Let alone
explain to my boss?? :laugh:

pirate.gif

Has anyone seen a smaller hump?I have been looking for some thing smaller to solo with.Kinda like the one on the TLR.I like the one on my old FZR,just covers the seat and keeps the same lines.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068212621 -->

I found this one at a UK site, I can not  order it from Puerto Rico, what do you guys think. The site is www.busters-online.com

bum_pads.jpg

Yeah, I figure once you work out the thickness you want to keep you located on the seat, you can cut em to any shape you want, then quick on quick off.

The velcro I am talking about if back in the Sewing/Hobby section of Wal-Mart, it super tough. Just make sure you put the furry side on your hump or youll have a brillo pad back there.

I figured the Dragracers would be all over this allready. Screw Tobin's expensive assed seat, by some high Density and build a pad that puts you exaclty where you want to be on the bike...

I figured the Dragracers would be all over this allready.  Screw Tobin's expensive assed seat, by some high Density and build a pad that puts you exaclty where you want to be on the bike...
Actually, for the REAL drag racers I think there's more to Tobins than just a butt pad, bro. He also cuts the cushion down, which has at least two benefits that the hump pad alone can't give. First of all, it could help cricket crotches (read as short inseams) reach the ground better by lowering the overall ride height at the seat. This could mean better stability off the line which could make for better launches. Second, lowering the rider on the bike, even if it's only 1/2 inch, also lowers the center of gravity, which I understand is a good thing for a drag bike. ;)

I know it could be argued that the benefits of the Tobin may be minimal but for drag racers that are looking for EVERY single advantage it could be worth it. I'm not knocking your pad idea bro, I just think the Tobin actually offers more advantages to the true drag crowd than a pad can.

Make sense? :super:

OK I sure hope none of you all are selling this Item...Cause I am about to slam the crap out of it.  Go Buy yourself some high density Foam, some industrial strength sticky backed Velcro, and grab your Exacto knife.  Cost you about $8.  $30 for this hump pad is kinda criminal.  Make your own folks, Get creative...  Make a Bunch and then sell yours on Ebay for a crazy price...  :D
Damn Rev... ya got crap all over the inside of my monitor.
Ya have any idea how hard that is to clean up? Let alone
explain to my boss??    :laugh:

pirate.gif
That's some funny shiznit!

On the serious side. I just rode with my new hump for the first time yesterday. And all day today with FastinPhoenix. That hump is awesome, kept me from sliding off the back of the bike as I am want to do under acceleration. I was just wishing that I had about 2" of padding back there to keep me a bit more forward and protect my coccyx from the hard plastic.

Homemade pad, here I come!

BulletTrain
Off the rails..

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:20.92
Location: Somewhere out there... waitin'. Posted: Nov. 08 2003,12:54

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (Revlis @ Nov. 08 2003,12:37)
I figured the Dragracers would be all over this allready. Screw Tobin's expensive assed seat, by some high Density and build a pad that puts you exaclty where you want to be on the bike...

Actually, for the REAL drag racers I think there's more to Tobins than just a butt pad, bro. He also cuts the cushion down, which has at least two benefits that the hump pad alone can't give. First of all, it could help cricket crotches (read as short inseams) reach the ground better by lowering the overall ride height at the seat. This could mean better stability off the line which could make for better launches. Second, lowering the rider on the bike, even if it's only 1/2 inch, also lowers the center of gravity, which I understand is a good thing for a drag bike.

I know it could be argued that the benefits of the Tobin may be minimal but for drag racers that are looking for EVERY single advantage it could be worth it. I'm not knocking your pad idea bro, I just think the Tobin actually offers more advantages to the true drag crowd than a pad can.

Make sense? [/QUOTE]

Well said Train ! The seat Tobin makes is all that like you said and more. Most peepz rearend cant even touch the hump when laid out and it is just alittle ''too far back'' when you do make contact . It will lock you into your riding position comfortably with no worries of sliding back along the saddle when you grab a fistfull of throttle but on another note I wouldnt advise it for "road racing " reason being is that the (Tobin seat)rear pad will interfer with your sliding from side to side. I also feel it is more comfortable than a stock Bus seat by far even when long distant riding. Your gonna hear alot of mix reviews about this seat but I can honestly say from experience for a small ryda 5'7" @145 the seat fit like a glove , Ninja Eater seemz to be pleased with his and does not seem to be as small as me so pay now or pay l8tr.

My.02

Back