• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Misinformation is this ok if it comes from Google or Government sources

Sometimes I post sources which may be seen as misinformation
But the truth on Pfizer mRNA is coming out in Europe

Given enough time the Truth always comes out

1. Language as they deem offensive or vulgar - Yuup
  2. Troublesome Topics - Lock em down or remove
  3. Disagreeing perspective - Respective & complies with the house rules OK (See question 2)
  4. Attitude of poster - See 2-3
  5. Frequency of posting - See 1-4
How about personal attacks. Where does that fit in?

Misinformation is this ok if it comes from Google or Government sources

Sometimes I post sources which may be seen as misinformation
But the truth on Pfizer mRNA is coming out in Europe

Given enough time the Truth always comes out
Exactly. Neither should be considered misinformation. It's fact based presentation. Alternate facts are not misinformation. It's just been used as a vehicle to censor and divide. If all you get for information is one version you don't have much room to call it misinformation. You can hide the various truths forever this way.

Probably the biggest 2 request I get are to take something down because he is a racist or anti something ( opinion ) or we are passing on misinformation and are allowing the site to be used for hate ( perspective opinion ). If the govt steps in these won't be our decisions they will be fact and processes I'm afraid.

Was this post racist? Is this the kind of post you are worried about?
It's been up for awhile, did anyone ever complain about it?
It appears to compare a black man to a monkey, am I reading it wrong?
I didn't mention it, as a very liberal Canadian I assumed any complaint would be dismissed with "liberals can't take a joke".
When my site Busanation.com was still up, had somebody posted that, I would have banned them.
anyhoo...
Merry Christmas.

cheers
ken

I didn't mention it, as a very liberal Canadian I assumed any complaint would be dismissed with "liberals can't take a joke".
When my site Busanation.com was still up, had somebody posted that, I would have banned them.
anyhoo...
Merry Christmas.

cheers
ken
And that's the sticky point.
There has been some very questionable posts here recently about race, sexual identity, personal identity and such.
Much of it used as a joke or something to aggressively attack.
But no one from the admin team jumps in and suggests respect. The open attacks just roll on.
But like you, I get told to harden up or that I'm too 'pc' or liberal.

anyhoo...
Merry Christmas.

cheers
ken
Did you report it?

And that's the sticky point.
There has been some very questionable posts here recently about race, sexual identity, personal identity and such.
Much of it used as a joke or something to aggressively attack.
But no one from the admin team jumps in and suggests respect. The open attacks just roll on.
But like you, I get told to harden up or that I'm too 'pc' or liberal.
I recently posted about the release of Britney Griner and the fact that she may have been chosen because she is a black gay female that pled guilty to the use of illegal drugs. Certainly not due to any white privilege that some love to use as a punchline.

I believe before that thread went very far I was accused of being against gays. And possibly racist. I don't even recall all the responses. It's pretty much the same buzzwords we have learned are the answer to it all.

I at no point made any anti gay comments. Nor racist. I was making a point that everyone is quick to point out the term "White Privilege". While ignoring that she certainly got a lot of privilege shown. And not one word in the press, or our president given about the white woman that was also released the same day. Or the fact that she was placed on a commercial flight. While Griner was given the "privilege" of charter aircraft with a team of people to handle her transition back to the U.S military base. Or the lack of privilege given to the white males that were there longer, some with pretty much identical charges as her.

Instead they attempt to turn it into an anti gay themed post.
Or an anti black post.
Or an anti drug user post.

Are these in violation of any rules?

Last edited:
If it was my site, whoever complained someone hurt their feelings or was upset about something typed, they would be banned. I can't deal with those people. Don't like it, block them. Easy peasy.

I recently posted about the release of Britney Griner and the fact that she may have been chosen because she is a black gay female that pled guilty to the use of illegal drugs. Certainly not due to any white privilege that some love to use as a punchline.

I believe before that thread went very far I was accused of being against gays. And possibly racist. I don't even recall all the responses. It's pretty much the same buzzwords we have learned are the answer to it all.

I at no point made any anti gay comments. Nor racist. I was making a point that everyone is quick to point out the term "White Privilege". While ignoring that she certainly got a lot of privilege shown. And not one word in the press, or our president given about the white woman that was also released the same day. Or the fact that she was placed on a commercial flight. While Griner was given the "privilege" of charter aircraft with a team of people to handle her transition back to the U.S military base. Or the lack of privilege given to the white males that were there longer, some with pretty much identical charges as her.

Instead they attempt to turn it into an anti gay themed post.
Or an anti black post.
Or an anti drug user post.

Are these in violation of any rules?
I didn't see or know about that post. As it's not in my backyard, I skip alot of posts.

But, I get totally where you're coming from.

Having an opinion and offering up ideas on that opinion is totally different from what I was referring to. I was more referring to outright disgust posted here for peoples lifestyle choice.
Nothing along the lines of what you are referring to above.

Bias in politics will always stir up stuff...

I don't believe it's a violation of rules, but then again I'm not sure what rules we're all referring to. As I'm not from the same continent some things are different and I apologise if I'm interpreting this discussion wrong... Damn southerners..

Exactly. Neither should be considered misinformation. It's fact based presentation. Alternate facts are not misinformation. It's just been used as a vehicle to censor and divide. If all you get for information is one version you don't have much room to call it misinformation. You can hide the various truths forever this way.
Science was always built on healthy debate from 2 sides

When there was only one side of Science - it’s game over

Science was always built on healthy debate from 2 sides

When there was only one side of Science - it’s game over
Here in America everything must now be a singular choice. All based on who you better show your political alignment to.

I didn't see or know about that post. As it's not in my backyard, I skip alot of posts.

But, I get totally where you're coming from.

Having an opinion and offering up ideas on that opinion is totally different from what I was referring to. I was more referring to outright disgust posted here for peoples lifestyle choice.
Nothing along the lines of what you are referring to above.

Bias in politics will always stir up stuff...

I don't believe it's a violation of rules, but then again I'm not sure what rules we're all referring to. As I'm not from the same continent some things are different and I apologise if I'm interpreting this discussion wrong... Damn southerners..
And another recommendation to Cap and his decisions about moderators. If a report is made against someone, there should be a warning to them.

Same for a post being removed.

That should be part of the admin efforts to explain to a member why an action is being considered or taken.

Or possibly discover you have admins abusing their power based on a " personal" view.

Last edited:

The funny thing is you don't realize that that was both racist and homophobic, haha. First, the Russians took her because they knew her race would be divisive. Britney played in a Russian league and had been to Russia many times without incident. How you characterized your statement plays into the very racist divisiveness Putin aimed to spark here in the States. Then there is the statement that she plead guilty to drug charges, which again plays to negative racial stereotypes. Obviously, nobody in their right mind pleads not guilty in a Russian court. She was charged for intent to distribute when she had residue in a vape cartridge - it wasn't even full. Many people use hash for sleep disorders, and appetite issues and many, many athletes use it for pain control. Your statement characterizes the situation like Brittney was a stereotypical drugged-out Black person who thinks the world owes them something.

Did you mean that? Maybe or maybe not. Having lived my entire life as an extreme minority it's almost natural to me to filter what I say so White people won't be upset, or on occasion to purposely make things upsetting.

Now to the point, I don't like censoring this stuff simply because I want to know who people are. I have given a lot of valuable stuff away on this site and I don't want to unknowingly benefit a racist or even a racist facilitator. I don't even want to ride or attend Bashes with racist. If this site becomes a right-leaning, anti-gay, anti-women site where lots of people just don't feel comfortable and just don't participate, so be it. Let the market decide.

I was asked once to go through the posts and identify the offensive ones. The truth is none of them are offensive. I don't care what someone I don't know or interact with says or thinks. But I put a lot less time into a site that allows those people to lead the discussions.

Oh yes, Merry Christmas!

No.
Should I have?
If you felt it was offensive, yes. Isn’t that the point of reporting?

Someone posts.
Someone feels it’s offensive, they report it.
A third party(admin, owner, etc) reviews said complaint and either closes the topic or leaves it open.

If no one reports anything, no one is alerted to anything potentially needing to be done

And another recommendation to Cap and his decisions about moderators. If a report is made against someone, there should be a warning to them.

Same for a post being removed.

That should be part of the admin efforts to explain to a member why an action is being considered or taken.

Or possibly discover you have admins abusing their power based on a " personal" view.

Oh no I am not going to put a warning on every complaint that comes in... I don't have time to deal with those silly things.. I look at the situation, the "Totality of the circumstances and make a decision". Sometimes I will send an IM and ask folks to cool their jets or tone it down a notch but I don't take every complaint as a legitimate concern either.

The funny thing is you don't realize that that was both racist and homophobic, haha. First, the Russians took her because they knew her race would be divisive. Britney played in a Russian league and had been to Russia many times without incident. How you characterized your statement plays into the very racist divisiveness Putin aimed to spark here in the States. Then there is the statement that she plead guilty to drug charges, which again plays to negative racial stereotypes. Obviously, nobody in their right mind pleads not guilty in a Russian court. She was charged for intent to distribute when she had residue in a vape cartridge - it wasn't even full. Many people use hash for sleep disorders, and appetite issues and many, many athletes use it for pain control. Your statement characterizes the situation like Brittney was a stereotypical drugged-out Black person who thinks the world owes them something.

Did you mean that? Maybe or maybe not. Having lived my entire life as an extreme minority it's almost natural to me to filter what I say so White people won't be upset, or on occasion to purposely make things upsetting.

Now to the point, I don't like censoring this stuff simply because I want to know who people are. I have given a lot of valuable stuff away on this site and I don't want to unknowingly benefit a racist or even a racist facilitator. I don't even want to ride or attend Bashes with racist. If this site becomes a right-leaning, anti-gay, anti-women site where lots of people just don't feel comfortable and just don't participate, so be it. Let the market decide.

I was asked once to go through the posts and identify the offensive ones. The truth is none of them are offensive. I don't care what someone I don't know or interact with says or thinks. But I put a lot less time into a site that allows those people to lead the discussions.

Oh yes, Merry Christmas!

Good to see you posting up....

But let me fire this back at you... Everything you just posted about Britney Griner is your opinion and speculation. Not that it's right or wrong, another opinion based on your experience, knowledge research and insights. You could be spot on or you could be a mile off, if that perspective falls from the 230 "TRUTH" stance then it could called mis-information because there is no way to prove it and now I am on the hook too..

You have a good brain and you how I feel about you personally, you typically lean towards a certain perspective and that is why I listen to what you say, your experiences are different than mine. But in the same breath that doesn't mean you are always correct. Somewhere in the conversation we can agree to disagree and move on to something else that matters that we can't change :)

Oh no I am not going to put a warning on every complaint that comes in... I don't have time to deal with those silly things.. I look at the situation, the "Totality of the circumstances and make a decision". Sometimes I will send an IM and ask folks to cool their jets or tone it down a notch but I don't take every complaint as a legitimate concern either.
And that's fair. You send an IM when you feel it's needed. I see the same people doing or saying the same offensive things with apparent impunity.

We don't know if anything productive comes from reporting. We don't know how the whole process works. Anything I've ever reported has never even been acknowledged by anyone from the board. Like, "We reviewed and took the following action". Or "We don't feel the report violated any site rules".

Like one mod may get the report and do nothing. The next report goes to a different mod and they take action. All based on a personal view on the report. We never know if reporting really does anything.

I'll use the Brent saga since he's gone. He was a constant abuser to people here. I just blocked the dude after no action was taken on him. He never made it about me, he was generally just abusive to members. I don't even know what he did to no longer be here.

After awhile you just figure the posted rules aren't really enforced. He should have been gone long before it finally happened.

Generally we police ourselves pretty well and weed out those that are most offensive.

I admit I have sent PMs to the Admin only to advise them there could be an issue to watch for.

I believe extremists should not be given a platform from which to launch their hatred.

Back