The proper way to

yamwon

Registered
OK guys spending alot of time at bike week this week, my bike had some electirical problems. I guess it was the battery but eveytime i tried to fire it the bike made a really loud buzzing sound? any thoughts what that might be. Well anyway what is the proper way to bump start a bike? is there and will it work when the battery is dead? thanks your info is much appreciated

get it goin fast as you can push it, in neutral, hop on, bump up to 2nd (make sure your ignition is on and kill switch in on position)... 2nd gear is easier to get goin. and if your stator does its job, it will run.

get it goin fast as you can push it, in neutral, hop on, bump up to 2nd (make sure your ignition is on and kill switch in on position)... 2nd gear is easier to get goin. and if your stator does its job, it will run.
I think it's easier if you have it in 2nd already, then jump on, pop the clutch at the same time as you slam your a$$ down on the seat. Careful though, be ready to pull the clutch back in fast... she'll take off on you if you don't. Of course, it's always easier if someone can push you, instead of you having to do all the work!

That is how I have done it get it going and pop it when it is in second and it will start right up.

I think the easiest way to do it is to find a hill, make sure the key is in "on" and the cut-off switch is in "on", put the bike in 3rd gear, hold the clutch in, and push the bike to get it to go as fast as you can. Then hop on the bike, and as your a$$ hits the seat, let go of the clutch. The bike should turn on, but be ready to pull the clutch back in to avoid either stalling, or taking off...

Cheers

if the battery is realy low you may have difficulty keeping it running,lots of eletrical draw on a Busa.

Cache probably mentioned "use neutral" because its easier to push . If a bike is ice cold , an' yer by yerself , the busa can be a heavy mother . Putting it in gear just adds to the parts you'll have to turn over . Yes, theorhectically with the clutch pulled in yer not engaging anything....but you are.
Especially if yer bike is cold . Once warm , a bike will push alot easier in gear/clutch in .

carry on..... RSD.

If your battery is dead so is your bike. Unlike cars which can run with
their battery removed, the bikes battery is an integral part of the
electrical circuit. Unless the motor is turning more than 2/3 its revs it isn't putting out enough power to run. In fact every time you stop at a light you are pretty much running off your battery.

Back