Troubleshooting question. Think I have an electrical problem (not busa)

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
OK, got a trouble shooting question. Was riding at BHF yesterday on my 03 GSXR 750. Going into turn 7, hard on the brakes, the bike shuts off. It will not fire up, wont turn over like the battery is dead. Get back to the pits put the battery on the charger and it is almost completly dead. After charging to a full charge, the bike turns over but will not fire. Where do it start trouble shooting? Rectifier maybe?

302566_2391868239910_1347019841_2791633_2106700122_n.jpg

How old is the battery ? I might have a local parts store load test that puppy. They all die eventually, even in turn 7. Could be anything, frayed wire, rust path to ground, battery moving around ?? touching ground, rectifier, stator ( on busa, don't know about your bike ) . Anything added or removed electrically recently ?

All connections look fine. Battery tested fine. Pulled the plugs, they have spark. No codes being thrown. Still cant get the bike to fire. I'm at a loss here.

I have own three Suzuki's and the have always have pickup coils and ckp problems some time they check good cold go on a long ride and they go out on the busaa they are in with the stater and come as an asembly that ant right but it is what it is and they got to be cooking in that hot oil anyway good starting point, let me know I have found my ckp to be bad and the bike still runs just not good, holla

unplug ECU, turn key, shut back off, replug in ECU and try it.

thats what worked when mine was doing exactly what yours is doing right now- something was crossed and once I reset it the bike started.

colton

and wait like 5 seconds between each of those

Back