Busa battery

Gabe

Registered
I got my LE 2004 in october last year.Already went through first stage of breaking in after couple of weeks.
Unfortunatelly the snow in Canada comes way too early.
Put the bike away for the winter.A week later my back up baterry from the alarm system got the alarm going off.(like somebody cut the main power off).The alarm system did its job,but the reason for that was no power left in the battery of the bike.This sounds kind of weird for me.
I have to mention that the alarm was off.I charged the battery and everything was ok for another week.
I didn't want to charge my battery every week, so i put a trickle charge on it.I got a beautiful weekend two weeks ago.Went for a ride.Came back and left the bike without the charger on.A week later the same story.
I wonder if this is normal with the smaller batteries on the busas!!
I'm assuming that the battery of my new bike is NEW and they charged it properly for the firs time(that what the dealer say).Brand new alarm system would have new back up battery.Does anybody have the same problems somewhere out there ??
Bike is stored at 50f and dry.
I appreciate any tips or info.Thanks

My battery seems ok... why dont you ask your dealer to check out the ampere value of your battery once
rock.gif

Thanks for the info.Right now I'm trying to shovel my way out ,so I can get my car out.(hate snow already)
mad.gif

did you install the alarm yourself? you might check the wiring, it might have a bare spot in a hot wire. could be grounding out to the frame or another wire. that might be why your alam went off when it was turned off itself.

Back