**The OFFICIAL TEAM GIXXER smacktalk thread**

You are correct in managing the hot pressure. I like the 33/23 hot pressure. Remember that your tires cool down some before you get to the pits and check the pressure. Adjust accordingly. As the day warms and the OAT increases the air pressure will increase also. From the first session of the day to mid afternoon your tire's psi may increase as much as 2 psi. The tire pressure should remain the same for maximum performance regardless of OAT.

Right. This makes sense as well. I have noticed before on hot days that the off track pressure will start to creep up through the day and I have to drop it slightly to get back to 33/23

Point blank I wouldn't ride any soft rear more than 4 days on an aggressive track surface with a temp above 80°.
I would do 3- 4 days ccw and then a 1-2 day cw or vice versa. Just me.

I'm not worried about the tire holding up. I'll run a slick to where the holes are gone. Especially with a soft compound, you'll run out of tread before I can override its grip from use..

And this one is just soft ccompound on the left side... I still a weanie with getting gas out of corners, so I know I haven't been using the softs capabilities :)

You guys definitely get every penny worth out of your tires!
I have not pushed a slick yet to its limit. But definitely have shredded some dot tires.

Jay, RTS didn't have any slicks...so for Saturday I've got a the GPA+ DOT-spec MED+ rear...and am going to keep the slick front it's got plenty of tread left...

Jay, RTS didn't have any slicks...so for Saturday I've got a the GPA+ DOT-spec MED+ rear...and am going to keep the slick front it's got plenty of tread left...

Sure is strange that they had ZERO slicks when they're a race tire distributor for basically the entire east coast...

Sure is strange that they had ZERO slicks when they're a race tire distributor for basically the entire east coast...

Race weekend at Barber, followed by Race weekend at RA - they took all the Rears slicks they had with them. Shipment coming any day but hadn't arrived yet.

It's officially the week of Barber, folks!! Woot!!

I sure hope Loomis has been eating his Wheaties with regular protein shakes! :laugh: :poke:

And drinking lots of water cause it is gonna be HOT. Jay is Conner coming? Callie is and realllly wants to meet him :)

Jay's moved into another league..he's now into the 'race pace' category....

And drinking lots of water cause it is gonna be HOT. Jay is Conner coming? Callie is and realllly wants to meet him :)

The new Team Gixxer Mascot (ConnOr) will absolutely be there!

Jay's moved into another league..he's now into the 'race pace' category....

Meh... not quite... but i'm trying

Soo.....I clicked on the add box in another post...check this out...wonder if it would work on my bike...says there's a part # for it...

Blue Monkey Motorsports ::: HealTech Electronics Quick Shifter Easy

I'd be anxious to see the reviews on that. Didn't know healtech had broken into the QS market.

I will say that my QS (annitori) performed flawlessly last time out. You'll probably get a good idea how it works when I go by you :rofl: :laugh:

I would recommend you look into it as well since it is also a standalone QS that using a strain guage sensor so you can do either standard or gp shift.
Annitori Racing --- Product

The new Team Gixxer Mascot (ConnOr) will absolutely be there!

Meh... not quite... but i'm trying

I'd be anxious to see the reviews on that. Didn't know healtech had broken into the QS market.

I will say that my QS (annitori) performed flawlessly last time out. You'll probably get a good idea how it works when I go by you :rofl: :laugh:

I would recommend you look into it as well since it is also a standalone QS that using a strain guage sensor so you can do either standard or gp shift.
Annitori Racing --- Product

So...does that mean you are gonna let me ride it to try it out? :) I do want to line up with you going into the front straight to see how much more accelleration you have....

So...does that mean you are gonna let me ride it to try it out? :) I do want to line up with you going into the front straight to see how much more accelleration you have....

Oh you don't wanna ride my old thang :laugh:.... It's gp shift, could you handle that ??? :laugh:

I dunno...but it's not my bike if I mess it up :) :whistle::whistle::moon::moon:

Haven't you done messed up enough friends bikes?? :rofl: ... We'll get out on track together so you can see.. or you're welcome to ride it around the paddock and see since it doesn't have to be at full throttle either..

Know what your teaching on Saturday?

I still cannot get on the stt forum through Tapatalk. Been 2 weeks now...Cannot sign on.
I have signed on on Web page directly.
Any help?

Back