The new triumph daytona 675 triple

sportrider1296

Donating Member
Registered
I have been waiting for a long time to see if the odd ball daytona could run with the big four (suz. yam. kaw. hon.) and now I'm almost certain that this new brit will dish out the pleasure in upcoming test. I really like the way they look but I'm way to big for that toy. It is a fuel injected triple cylinder engine that puts out 120 HP. Man, thats what my TL makes in 1000cc. I would have to say this little bike would be a blast to ride. I have never rode a triumph but what do you guys think about the new guy in the middle weight world of superbikes?

daytona678.jpeg

I think this is an awesome bike. It got good reviews and is supposed to be incredible to ride. My concern is the reliability of the thing.

too small.
Sit on the thing then come back and repeat that statement with a straight face!

I picked one up at the beginning of March, it certainly has a 600 class wheelbase but it has a tall sadle. I'm 6'4" and fit nicely, the ergo's fit us taller guys better than they do the short-asses.

Just have a sit first, then say what you will..

BTW..it's awesome

<!--EDIT|RudeBwoy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144300945 -->

It's a good looking bike, Triumph is trying to make a come back
cool.gif

Great looking bike ... I like that grey (wonder why?). Rode the 600 a while ago, and liked it. However, like moondog, I'd prefer Suzuki 750 (or 600).

seen one in person the other night at the spot....I love the way it looks..the owher sez the rear is un-godly high..thats his only complaint. I'd like to have one though.

buddy of mine got to TEST DRIVE one at a dealer. he's considering getting it. I wouldn't recommend it being Triumph and being new, but if he gets it, I'll review it here

I like it, but I wish they would put the Daytona engine in the frame and keep the single sided swing arm. Now, that would look GREAT, Handle, and OOOOOOOOO what a sound
egitarre77.gif
from that 3 cyl
hot.gif

"short asses"?

Livin up to yer screen name, huh?
....ahem....working on my politically correct expressions of late.... "vertically challenged individuals"... HOWZAT??

What's up with wouldnt recommend it being a Triumph, I can understand and reason with the 'Being new'. Aw fukkit, I'm not going to waste my time debating they myopic, if you dont like it ya dont like it, WTF. Likewise with the preference of a 750cc over it, like the saying goes "there is no substitute for displacement", but if you are looking at a 600 class moto, it's a sweet and welcome addition to the option pool.

Aint nothin wrong with Triuimphs, stop the brand bashing goddamit... or I'll ask the Honda guys why they choose Honda's over zooks and just start that wholly unnecessary and stupid flame war.

They are all good bikes, built solidly and sturdily with very, very good components, just get the one that suits your needs, style, passions, and pocket book and live it up, hopefully without the need to get snobbish and slam everything that isnt what you have...Thats the only thing I dislike about the sportbike crowd, the brand elitism that creeps in with some.

My best friend just bought an 05 Daytona the 650 4cyl. $6600.00 OTD!
Bang for your Dollar......the way its Built.......Runs Strong........Handles Awesome....!
How can you go Wrong?
Triumph Builds an Awesome Machine!

<!--EDIT|StageRulz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144345576 -->

Tri650Day01.jpg

I think this is an awesome bike.  It got good reviews and is supposed to be incredible to ride.  My concern is the reliability of the thing.
I don't know why you would even say that about TRIUMPH reliability. It is very plain that You know nothing about the Bloor era triumphs. I am more concerned about the reliability of my Busa than I am about that of My TRIUMPH's. In other words the triumph is a rock solid piece of equipment.

Back