The never ending question!

Deuce_C15s

Registered
Ok. So my tires are completely bald. I went Saturday and talked to the local shop about putting new tires front and rear on my Busa. I went in to get Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs. While we were looking them up the parts manager offered some Pirellis to me. Y'all can correct of I'm wrong. But I believe they were the Scorpions. He said that his supplier was making him a great deal on them so he was just passing it down the line. He did mention that the Michelins were gonna last longer. Now my question is. Knowing that the Pirellis are wear faster and that I'm gonna be replacing them sooner. Is it worth it? With me bringing in the bike and them doing all removal off the bike not just bringing in the wheels: Michelins $450+/- Pirellis $350+/-

I don't think I'd buy the Pirellis; I'd also look online for good tire deals before I bought the markups at the local shop...

Ok. So my tires are completely bald. I went Saturday and talked to the local shop about putting new tires front and rear on my Busa. I went in to get Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs. While we were looking them up the parts manager offered some Pirellis to me. Y'all can correct of I'm wrong. But I believe they were the Scorpions. He said that his supplier was making him a great deal on them so he was just passing it down the line. He did mention that the Michelins were gonna last longer. Now my question is. Knowing that the Pirellis are wear faster and that I'm gonna be replacing them sooner. Is it worth it? With me bringing in the bike and them doing all removal off the bike not just bringing in the wheels: Michelins $450+/- Pirellis $350+/-

I just got my Michelins from Chaparral for $259 shipped. $200 is a lot to have tires mounted/balanced. Shop around..

120/70 17, 190/50 17 Michelin Pilot Power 2CT Tire Kit - Chaparral Motorsports

skydivr said:
I don't think I'd buy the Pirellis; I'd also look online for good tire deals before I bought the markups at the local shop...

Actually the price isn't bad at all on the tires. Like I said. I'm paying them to take the tires and all off the bike. I have no stands or the place to take apart my bike to bring just the tires to them. I'm actually paying $330 for the Michelins and $230 for the Pirellis. Tax included.

After reading the dozens of threads on TIRES, I picked Pirelli Angels since these fit my riding style/budget BEST: mostly commute on freeways with ocassional twisties on weekends with getting the MOST miles (vs. grip/performance) as a priority. If money was not an object, Avon Storms was my 1st pick.

So what matters MORE to you: Mileage vs. Performance (not sure if a tire is out there YET that will EQUALLY give you BOTH)? And how much are you willing to spend?

It's just simple math to determine if one tire is worth it.

Michelin @ $450.00 a set, and goes 10K = .05 cents per mile.

Pirrelli @ $350.00 a set, and goes only 5K = .07 cents per mile.

You can plug in different miles if you know for sure, but paying the same labor will show that the Michelin is a better value, but not guaranteed to be a better tire.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Actually the price isn't bad at all on the tires. Like I said. I'm paying them to take the tires and all off the bike. I have no stands or the place to take apart my bike to bring just the tires to them. I'm actually paying $330 for the Michelins and $230 for the Pirellis. Tax included.
Having them do the work? Brave man :laugh:

I've never been on a pirelli tire I didn't like. Pirelli has a wide range of tires to fit all occasions. I like choice!

Both the Pirelli Corsa and the Pilot Power 2ct is old school stuff now. Been around about the same length of time. Both companies have better current tires to choose from. Personally, if my choice was between the 2ct and the corsa, I'd take that hundred bucks to the Tittybar and enjoy the hell out of it and run those corsa's to the steel core! :cheerleader:

Back