The KANJI

I thought the busa would get me a Japanese girl friend. It has not worked. The dealer told me there was a gaurantee of girlfriend in the manual, I took his word for it. Still, no girl friend. Some say it has to do with my face. Still waiting for Japanese girl friend.
I think you can find one here.
Kanji
 Also on their main page they have Kanji books.  
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Let 'er eat!
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074628151 -->

Let her eat, that is too funny! I'm still laughing...(but I still filled it out.) Now, I get girlfriend! You are my new best friend. I filled one out for you to bro!
tounge.gif

fatjap, from your post, I deduced that Shogun is the place to find my dreamgirl. Armed with my best picture of the busa, I cruise to the local Shogun. After stratigically placing the picture next to my chopsticks, bingo.... girlfriend. Now, about that time it occurrs to me, I have not asked my wife if I can even have a girlfriend. Big trouble now....
AAAssjani.gif

Hey Moondog, let me know which one you like, all of these Japanese ladies with me are single and are eager to meet a Canadian/American guy !! ;-)

118_1888_IMG.JPG

Banditoo...now you really have me going...uummmm, lesee, uummmm, the one to your left is a doll. Can I pick more than one? You lucky duck, boy......
cool.gif

that's weird, my girlfriend is from Japan and when she saw the Kanji on my bike, (which is a Chinese character......
Say what? I thought that Kanji are Japanese symbols not Chinese. Explain please? I am always open to learn if you have the facts.
To my understanding Kanji is the Japanese word for the Chinese characters they use in the Japanese language.  The Japanese language has 3 sets of characters, (4 actually), there is Hirogana, Katakana, Kanji and Romaji.  Kanji is the old ancient language from the old country China, most Japanese only know a few of the Chinese characters of this language, (which is where our Hayabusa logo is from).  Hirogana and Katakana are the mainstay of the language today and Romaji is the Japanese language using English characters - for example "Sayonara" is the Romaji for goodbye.

Does that make sense ?? Geez, I almost lost myself on that explanation - LOL !!
again..these are 2 different race of people.. there no such thing as chinese and japanese communicating with same language.

Today I knew a japanese guy that lives in my town,
He can speak italian as japanese with no problem.
I showed him the kanji on my Busa and I asked him the meaning of that logo.
He said that it has no meanings in his language nad probably
is not his language to.
So I wondered why???
Is not HAYABUSA a japanese name???
I told him about the falcon and all the story but... he said
that the falcon has another name ( dunno how to write it !!)
and the only things he knows who's name is HAYABUSA are just
the airplane and the SUZUKI bike.
? ?
o ya.....well I once ate some fuggin' chinese food , an' the waiter said...."Nice tattoo , for a fucin' white guy" .

Actually , he looked at my arm an' noticed the ink(tattoo) an' said "I like your tattoo , its means eagle right?" .

I said , "Close...but no cigar, you fuggin' chink.." kiddin' kiddin'

Actually thats all true , cept for the efin chink part , I didnt call him that . But I found it kinda cool that there "SEEMED" to be some sort of overlap between Chinese an' Japaneese writing .
Japs are just exiled Chinamen right ?

Anyway , who gives a flyin' fug.....

'Cept for me of course , the guy with fuggin thing tattoo'ed on his arm....

tat_2.jpg

Hong Kong is the capitol of china. Chinese and Japanese have nothing in common...completely different race of people and language
Umm...  Bence?

Hong Kong is NOT the capital of China.  Beijing is.

Furthermore, the Chinese and Japanese certainly DO have things in common, not the least of which is a few thousand Kanji characters. There are thousands more Kanji in China than in Japan, but most of the Japanese Kanji's are identical in form and function to the Chinese.

M_O (who's lived in Japan for 6 years, and has been to both Hong Kong and Beijing)

<!--EDIT|Mad_Otter
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075910245 -->

Hong Kong is the capitol of china. Chinese and Japanese have nothing in common...completely different race of people and language
Umm...  Bence?

Hong Kong is NOT the capital of China.  Beijing is.

Furthermore, the Chinese and Japanese certainly DO have things in common, not the least of which is a few thousand Kanji characters. There are thousands more Kanji in China than in Japan, but most of the Japanese Kanji's are identical in form and function to the Chinese.

M_O (who's lived in Japan for 6 years, and has been to both Hong Kong and Beijing)
maybe i got my cities mixed up but hong kong is a city in china..no relation to japan

but yeah long story short, the Hayabusa logo is from the ancient Chinese language which the Japanese use somewhat in their language, as do the Koreans, Vietnamese, etc. etc...

but yeah long story short, the Hayabusa logo is from the ancient Chinese language which the Japanese use somewhat in their language, as do the Koreans, Vietnamese, etc. etc...
the vietnamese uses the american alphabet. only a few letters are replaced such as(ph=f)(x=z), theres no j.....again, these are differnet race of people.

banditoo..the oriental letters or sign might look alike, but its all different. u cant hand a chinese some japanese text and expect him to read it for u. and u cant give a vietnamese person chinese text and expect him to translate. same goes for cambodian, korean, thai, and so on.

banditoo..the oriental letters or sign might look alike, but its all different. u cant hand a chinese some japanese text and expect him to read it for u. and u cant give a vietnamese person chinese text and expect him to translate. same goes for cambodian, korean, thai, and so on.
true true, but the Kanji that the Japanese and Korean use, (not the Japanese or Korean characters, which yes the Chinese wouldn't understand), are from the Chinese language.  The Hayabusa logo is recognizable and understood by someone from Japan, Korea and from a Chinese speaking country.  Hmm, I'm not sure if the Kanji comes from Mandarin or Cantonese though .. that I don't know ..

Someone from Korean or Japan will tell you that the "Chinese characters" are an integral part of their language although it is starting to disappear. The older generations learned more of it. My girlfriend, who is from Japan knows about 600 or 700 Chinese characters that are used in her language, Hayabusa being one of them.

<!--EDIT|banditoo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075998642 -->

Back