The humble limp to the bike shop

dx3

Registered
My front tire had decided enough was enough. It was losing about 7-psi per day from the bike just sitting. I drive a Sequoia and don't have a trailer, so inevitably decided to limp the bike to the nearest bike shop - 13 miles away, to have the front tire replaced.

It was a humbling experience, people were not impressed that the Peregrine Falcon was doing 30mph in a 50mph zone. An onslaught of stare downs, some questioning my sanity, some my riding ability. Why was this guy ridin one of the fastest bikes ever made at 30mph? Maybe he's scared of it - he should have bought a Katana... Maybe he just wants everybody to notice him and his shiny bike... Typical crotch rocket rider...

"Nikita", as I have aptly named her, did not appreciate barely breaking the 30mph mark on her speedometer. Maxing out at 2500 rpms, she was almost embarassed to be seen in public. She wanted to stretch her legs, but I wouldn't let her...

25 minutes later, Nikita went into surgery. Her front tire could not be saved. They had a wonderful new donor for her, ready to mounted and unleashed.

And on my ride home, that's what she did.

Well, truth be told, it was more of a gentle gallop home as I was navigating 5pm traffic and the surgeon told me to go easy on the tire for the first 100 miles.

A humbling experience, yet a great day :cheerleader: Nikita is back on the road :thumbsup:

Jonny

Get some stands and take it off. Im sure you would get a cheaper mounting price if you take it off yourself

It was a humbling experience, people were not impressed that the Peregrine Falcon was doing 30mph in a 50mph zone.

"Nikita", as I have aptly named her, did not appreciate barely breaking the 30mph mark on her speedometer. Maxing out at 2500 rpms, she was almost embarassed to be seen in public. She wanted to stretch her legs, but I wouldn't let her...

Probably better than the alternative, Riding normal and crashing.

Glad you got her going again. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys :thumbsup: Happy to be riding her again, especially with a high of 89 degrees. It would be blasphemous not to!

Amen! 50 degrees on the way to work was meh... 89 on the way home will be wonderful. Afterall, I still need to break that new tire in :laugh:

Jonny

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Just remember those new tires are slick. :rulez:

You did the right thing limpin along, BUT, if i had been out on my busa and saw ya, i would have pulled ya over for questioning:laugh:

Back