The Best Hayabusa Tuner

Jeff thanks a lot for your responces!

I've been having a problem thats been driving Me nuts!

Heres whats going on:

If your rolling along at say 1,800rpm in 1st gear and then open it up full throttle it boggs and slowly builds power.
It seemed like leaning it out at 100% throttle made it run better but I ended up setting 2,000 to 4,500 up at -35%. It won't let you go any leaner then -35%.
At the track I've tried leaving at many different rpm's but it doesn't matter I still get the bogg?
I thought about trying to advance the timing at the lower rpm's but not sure how to set or what number to start with? On the 4th table everything is all set at (0) and I'd like to raise it at the lower rpm's at 100% throttle.(I think?) But how??

I've tried just about everything else with the pw2 and if the timing thing doesn't work I'll know to look else where?!

What'ya think?

JeffW, your remark about table #2 needs verification.

I remembered the Busa 007 map having no table without changes and after looking it up just now it has an entry "2" on the crossing of 3000 revs and 5 (whatever the 5 means in that table)?

Then looking at Busa map 006 showed me entry 5 on same crossing, so what gives?

(these maps were made by Mike Belcher on TurboRick's and AquaDiosMed's Busa's respectively)

Checked some more Busa maps and there's many that have an entry in table 2 at that same crossing only, rest of table always zeroes?

(Busa maps 003 up-to-and-including 007 all have something there)

[This message has been edited by Animal (edited 26 June 2000).]

Animal, maybe for you it does, my class notes say different. If you need to verrify that table #2 is for tuning Harley Dogs, just send Mike email, I'm sure he won't mind setting (you) the record straight.

Adding an additional 2 (increasing fuel) to just the 5% throttle position is not going to do very much at all. I would suspect that this entry is an error.

Frank, Timing on Suzuki's can only be adjusted from 4000 rpm and up, and then only +- 11 degrees.

You an adjust Harley Dogs from 1000 rpm.

For your stumble, what throttle position does this occur (just starting the roll on, or well down the turn of the grip)? I can't see making changes at 100% TP. Here is where a dj250 would come in handy (with the brake).

Lee is great with his new dyno. Adjusted my map so air fuel ratio was right this map works great alot of time involed (4 hour ) but the result are worth it. Smooth power no bad spots. Lee's got my vote..

Jeff, if I'm rolling along at 1,800 to 2,000(most noticable if 1st gear)
Crack the throttle wide open...it falls on it's face and then girgales to about 4,000rpm.
Then it takes off like a rocket!

At the track this happens as soon as I'm off the clutch.(fully released)(under load)

The adjusting of the ignition timing wont do Me any good since My problem is before 4,000rpm.

I talked with Mike Belcher on the phone this afternoon and he explained a hole different story about table 2. I would rather talk to you about that through e-mail though.(very good info!)
I tried what he said but I still have the problem, he said to call him back if that didn't cure it...but I want to hear what you may have to say!

Remember, this bogg is only at 100% throttle....from 2,000 to 4,000rpm.

Thanks

Jeff/Frank,

Maybe after your off-line chat you can set the record straight on the #2 table for the PC2 maps?

Not trying to be a smart-*** or wanting to correct you Jeff, but just remembered seeing something in that table for the 007 map and when checking-up on it found something entered there (different values) on a handful of the Busa maps, all made by Mike Belcher himself. Different values and more than 1 map showing this makes an error unlikely in my eyes and that's why I had the impression that maybe your "strict" remark about this and even using this as some sort of test of the Dynojet operator's knowledge might be going too far, no matter what your notes say and no matter that at the moment you stated that it was the truth as far as you knew it.

Just trying to prevent this from mistakenly becoming "Gospel" that's all, nothing directed against you personally Jeff!

frank adams

I was considering purchasing the PCII to rectify the exact problem you are describing. I find it worse in second gear roll ons. Starting from anywhere under 2k rpm, even a slight throttle opening makes the bike bog and feel like its going to stall. I really have to give it a handfull and wait till after 4k rpm for it to, as you say, take off like a rocket. It very worrying especially doing town work.

My bike is bone stock.
Would be very grateful if you wouldn't mind commenting, and also posting your findings.

Many Thanks

Stay Safe

Nuts

Great joy, I'm sure that Olathe will be real happy knowing they paid for travel/hotel/class just to get "bad" information from DynoJet.

Ok NumbNuts...sorry it took Me so long to respond to some of your questions as I do not spend as much time on the internet as I use to...I've been putting that time into My bike.

Here what I'm going to do with the Power Commander secret.(if thats what you want to call it?)

I'm going to e-mail JeffW and explain to him what My conversation was with Mike B. I'll let Jeff clear the air if it needs to be..?

I worked a little bit with the maps from what Mike B. suggested and still didn't come up with a cure.

NumbN, there are so many things that come into play on what could be causing this and it's just a matter of running through them one at a time. Tonight I think I'm going to try to remove the fuel pump and see if there is any clogged screens. I've read about some of this stuff over time but I have never done it yet so I'm not sure how long it's going to take?

Also I'm going to unplug the pw2 and see if the bogg is still there...I know it's not going to run well but I'm just going to focus on the bogg.

Who knows it could be a vaccum leak or the vaccum lines not routed correctly to the throttle bodies? There is a certain direction for these lines to run and there different for each throttlebody.

Maybe today I'll get some where?(I hope!)

Oh yea...if your planning on doing any motor related mods get yourself a pw2.

NN, take your time to read the whole thread and your question(s) should be answered.

The short version goes something like this ... JeffW went to class/training/course for operating/using the Dynojet 250 (from the top of my head) that his employer (Olathe Suzuki) had just bought and one of the things he was told/taught there had to do with the specifics of the #2 table in the PC2 maps and now afterwards he finds out that what he was told there (presumably by Mike Belcher himself at Dynojet in Las Vegas) turns out to be not fully correct at least, maybe totally wrong, and of course he's now a bit PO'd about this, as I can well imagine.

[This message has been edited by Animal (edited 27 June 2000).]

yeah, I got that bit, I was just curious as to what bit he was refering to!!

Thanks for explaining it clearly though Animal!!!! :D

Nuts

That was close, however I do not work for Olathe. I have been supporting a AMA rider the past 2 years, they are the primary sponsor this year. So I do dyno runs and help around the shop when I can (when my real job does not get in the way).

Mike B. will have e-mail this morning, can't wait to see how they will get around this one. Mike B was not the instructor for my class. I assume they will blame me (until they discover just how many notes *we* did take. There were two of us from Olathe in attendance).

Oh Lord, help me to keep my big mouth shut until I know what I'm talking about!

Sorry, Jeff, will now go stand in the corner for a while and contemplate my "jumping into this" way too soon again.

SUPERTUNER! I want to place my vote.Anyone in the northeast with A busa should look him up,or give him a shout on the board.Freddie did my 2000 busa.ti-force,pcII,air box mod.this thing runs right off idle to red line without a hitch.I lost none of the stock properties of the bike.And gained some impressive hp/torque.He takes the time to do it right.He spent alot of time with my bike on the dyno,the end result is a bike that runs cool,idles like stock,and still gets 35mpg.He also did my 85 GS1150 it came in the shop with 90 hp on the dyno.after his tune up the final dyno run posted 120hp.The only part added to the bike was a dyna 2000 ignition.The rest was freddie doing what freddie does best!

lanta, another thing perhaps you can help, you have had experience with the PCII

Does it eliminate the low rev stumble?
Is it easy to modify maps?
Does it show revs accurately (i.e. not like rev counter,) so that TPS and TB's can be set in accordance with Suzuki manual?

(I have lap top, am computer literate, have Busa, '99, and like to fiddle!!)

thanks

Nuts

Back