Local tuner screwed me, need help getting it streetable

Sorry for the bad experience. Steer clear of that place form now on....

Busawhipped there is a local tuner here who is an animal. I know its a bit of a drive for you but he is awesome. Let me know if you want his contact info. Omaha Nebraska isn't too awful far away for ya. He specializes in turbo busas and zx14s

RPM
rpmpowersportsomaha.com
Google+ page
8410 K St
Omaha, NE
(402) 657-3653

i can't believe there's people so money hungry that they would rather risk their reputation and gamble on working on something they don't know a lot about. That's why crap like this happens.

If you want to travel to Naperville Illinois, you can take your bike to Bryan at win racing. He's actually who use to tune my bikes back in the day. I will say that his tunes makes great reliable power, but the part throttle spots don't get as much attention as they should in my opinion. But I'm very picky.

i can't believe there's people so money hungry that they would rather risk their reputation and gamble on working on something they don't know a lot about. That's why crap like this happens.

KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE is the key. No one I know or who I would recommend would EVER use an EX PC on ANYTHING.
Homer's first reaction was to poo-poo it and say it didn't matter anyway. If he knew better, he is an IDIOT; and if he didn't know better, he is still an IDIOT . . . I wouldn't let him touch anything I own, not even my lawn mower . . . :rofl:

Stopped by STL Power Tuners at lunch again today. The new correct Power Commander 5 was there for me to pick up. Omer loaded a generic map for the bottom end cells that were blocked on the original PC EX. So at least he tried to fix his mistake. Now I have something I can work with. Planning on taking the bike to QuickTime Motorsports for a tune.

If you want to travel to Naperville Illinois, you can take your bike to Bryan at win racing. He's actually who use to tune my bikes back in the day. I will say that his tunes makes great reliable power, but the part throttle spots don't get as much attention as they should in my opinion. But I'm very picky.

Brian tuned both of my turbo bikes and each one is absolutely flawless at any throttle % and any rpm. It's really cool to hear he used to tune your bikes. In my opinion, he's the best in my area.

What I really love is how Brian, you, and Frank ALWAYS seem to be happy to help and give information to us.

Who the Fudge tunes bikes with parts they don't know are for carbs only?
Wtf?

Times like this bricks and front windows are called for. What would he have done if you hammered it and blew your motor? Take a day off, make a big sign that says 'don't come here' and walk up and down the sidewalk in front of his place until he begs you to go away with a full refund. F that guy!

Who the Fudge tunes bikes with parts they don't know are for carbs only?
Wtf?

Times like this bricks and front windows are called for. What would he have done if you hammered it and blew your motor? Take a day off, make a big sign that says 'don't come here' and walk up and down the sidewalk in front of his place until he begs you to go away with a full refund. F that guy!

He didn't use carb parts. He used a c.a.r.b. (Emissions) part. Power commanders aren't street legal in Cali at least, so they came out with an emissions legal box.

The saga continues. The bike will not run under 20% throttle. Everyone is pretty sure that the valves aren't timed correctly. The thing nobody can agree on is what they should be adjusted to.

2005 Busa
.080 spacer plate
APE adjustable sprockets
Stage 1 velocity kit.

The shop that did the engine work timed them at 105 in 100 ex per Suzuki specs.
The tuner is saying they should be 105/109

This will be a mostly street ridden bike. Where should they be?

My NA bike is 110/112 (IN/EX) per Carpenter Racing (their head and cam package).. 105/100 seems a bit lame but im not turbo builder.

105/105 is a pretty good allround for a street bike , bigger numbers are usually for more race oriented stuff
stock timing should work ok though ,, if the exhaust numbers are so low it will not idle without sounding like a huge cammed car , your in danger of hitting valves to pistons if you rev it up
i expect its something more like vac leaks on the map sensor line, or a check valve inline instead of on a tee , or check valve reversed , be lots of black smoke

i hope they get this figured out so we can ride together before next year! :banghead:

Back