The B-King is EVIL

VelvetJones

Registered
Well I have had my B-King for nearly a month and have put on about 500 miles. I know thats not much but I had surgery in there so I was out for a little bit of time recovering. I have stayed within the break in procedure for the most part.

Under 5k rpm for the first 500 miles
Under 7k rpm for the next 500 miles.

I took it up to about 6000-6500 a few times through the first 4 gears or so after I had about 350 miles on it. Im thinking to myself this is the most awesome machine available to man. This is all while riding around in "B" mode. This is my first streetbike. Yes my first streetbike is a B-King.

Back to my break in story so far. I got up to about 480 miles on the odo and decided that was close enough to bring the rpms up to the 7-8k range every once in a while. Well in "B" mode I found an old empty country road with no houses and no outlets on it. It is fenced in on both sides and the pavement is smooth. Its about 1.3 miles of nothing but straight road. I made several slow rides back and forth making sure there werent any deer or other animals in the fields on either side that might make an entrance.

I took it through about 8k in 3rd gear and in "B" mode I nearly lost my mind at how much power and acceleration there was. Second gear at 7k is 60mph indicated or somewhere around there. I stopped and turned around and there was only 1 thing to do put it in "A" mode and do the same thing again.

Well banging through 3rd gear taking it up to about 8k it was honestly like the fast and furious where everything goes blurry on the sides and it looks like warp speed. Thinking to myself that I still had about 2500 rpm to redline and the power comes on about where I let off at 8k rpm was scary in itself. What really has me convinced that the B-King and Hayabusa are minions of the devil himself is that there are 3 more gears from where I was HOLY CRAP.

Needless to say I cant wait to go out and ride everyday. The 2 Bros slip ons sound awesome up to about 3200 rpm they are very deep and growl. Between 3400 and 4800 rpm they are pretty quiet. After 5k rpm they sound like the devil himself is screaming for you to let him out of hell.

Wow... Just freaking wow. Why didnt suzuki build this damn bike years ago. They should be prosecuted for taking so long to bring it from showbike to showroom.

Enough ranting. You guys know what Im talking about. I cant wait till its all properly broken in and I can take it up near the redline when its safe and the road ahead is clear.

-vJ-

Goodness bro, be careful on the beast.
beerchug.gif

Had to go back and edit the post it submitted it and I wasnt 1/2 done. Must have hit the wrong button or something.

The engine in these bikes is just a monster.

My only gripe is the Dunlop qualifier rear tire. I have ridden plenty of bikes and ridden in the rain and this rear tire is all over the place if there moisture on the road. I would say 14-18 inches of travel side to side constantly in the wet. Its very disconcerting especially to a newer rider. Gonna have to get a better tire when this one is worn out.

Qualifiers have been my best tire to date on the Busa.

NOTE: I avoid riding in the rain at all costs...even if I have to pull a U-ee, but not because of the tires it's because the rain won't let me ride the way I like.

Velvet, like you I've got one of these monsters, and am still breaking it in. I'm a few miles behind you, as I just turned over 200 mi. tonight. My last bike was a 2007 VMax, and this bike blows the Max out of the water. I think the BKing would run and hide from the VMax even if run in 'B' Mode. Crazy. The torque from this motor even in the neighborhood of 3,000 RPM is just ridiculous.

Fun, fun, fun.

Ride safe.

I think the BKing would run and hide from the VMax even if run in 'B' Mode. Crazy.
The King runs from NO ONE!!!! I think you meant the other way around
laugh.gif

I got over 1000 miles on mine, just put Yoshis on it and OMG it is so much better. I'm only 5'7'' 160lbs so it feels like I am flying on this thing.

Was gonna get the Busa but the King fit me better, especially for longer rides due to my bad back

Good to see folks enjoying Suzuki's killer cruiser...

From what I'm reading sounds like they did it right! I too agree that the Dunlops aren't my favorite tires in any condition. But, thats just mop. Need to see some pictures of your bikes.

I would absolutely love to have a King. It didn't pass my wife's customer comfort test or I'd have one now.

I might still.....
firedevil.gif

Have fun & post some pics
smile.gif

I could own that bike pretty easy... i never use the top end of the Busa anyway
smile.gif
wonder if it would fit W/busa in garage..

Back