The 4-hour Body

winlite

Registered
Anybody reading The 4-hour Body by Timothy Ferriss? Explains how to lose 20 lbs in 30 days without exercise, how to prevent fat gain while bingeing, How to gain 34 lbs. of muscle in 28 days without steroids in 4 hours of total gym time. And a whole bunch of other health and fitness stuff. Gonna do the 20 lbs in 30 day part and see how it goes.
Have read about half the book and have found it extremely interesting.:laugh:

20lbs in 30 days...sounds like you will be joining the Paleo crowd. Its an interesting diet but does work and isn't as radical as some of the others out there.

Anybody reading The 4-hour Body by Timothy Ferriss? Explains how to lose 20 lbs in 30 days without exercise, how to prevent fat gain while bingeing, How to gain 34 lbs. of muscle in 28 days without steroids in 4 hours of total gym time. And a whole bunch of other health and fitness stuff. Gonna do the 20 lbs in 30 day part and see how it goes.
Have read about half the book and have found it extremely interesting.:laugh:

got gimmick written all over it. I have personally lost 30 lbs in 30 days. It was very extreme and I needed to prep for it. I would like to see his methods...

34 lbs (of pure muscle) in 28 days? no way. unlikely to gain that in a year. especially natural.

What are you trying to do exactly? looking for fat loss? or str gains? overall size?

got gimmick written all over it. I have personally lost 30 lbs in 30 days. It was very extreme and I needed to prep for it. I would like to see his methods...

34 lbs (of pure muscle) in 28 days? no way. unlikely to gain that in a year. especially natural.

What are you trying to do exactly? looking for fat loss? or str gains? overall size?

Want to recombine losing bodyfat and gaining muscle. Weight right now is fine at 167 and 5'11" medium frame.
Don't think it is gimmicky after reading half the book. I believe it to be sound science. However the proof is in the pudding, so will see how it goes.

the muscle part aint going to happen! If it does ill quit my training job and let u train me. LOL

Ive gained 25 lbs in about 3 months of going to the gym 5 days a week and taking protein shakes those days... 30 lbs in 30 days seems ridiculous...

I lost 16# in four days. Working nights, I only ate 2 large apples per night. Slept during the day.

Want to recombine losing bodyfat and gaining muscle. Weight right now is fine at 167 and 5'11" medium frame.
Don't think it is gimmicky after reading half the book. I believe it to be sound science. However the proof is in the pudding, so will see how it goes.

would you mind throwing an excerpt or two about the muscle that you deem as sound advice?

Just so you know, I am not picking on you or that guy. but from my own experience (PowerLifter background) adding that much muscle is impossible. If i had to throw out a magic number, i would say that about 5 lbs a year of pure muscle would be the average that you could gain without "super" supps. Some can do more but i think that would be about average.

edit: oh yeah forgot, @ 167 I dont think you have a fat issue. If I was to make a recommendation, barring your age (because i have no ida of the regement for someone +40), i would have you eat your ass off and hit the gym.

@RusselJ: how much of that was fat?

Last edited:
Shameless plug: Lyle McDonald is the MAN when it comes to rapid weight loss or rapid FAT loss.

Ive gained 25 lbs in about 3 months of going to the gym 5 days a week and taking protein shakes those days... 30 lbs in 30 days seems ridiculous...

It is. I needed to make weight. I was trying to go from Sgt to OCS and could not be taped according to the OSO. so i had to lose 27 lbs. Well, I did it by the deadline(and my PFT really took a hit(didnt get a first class)) then whatever panel looks at your tattoos did not like that my back was covered. So, i was DQ'd.

I ate protein and VERY small amounts of fat and put myself in ketosis. Then did a refeed every 10 days. rinse repeat.

you WILL NOT gain that kind of muscle in a year with steroids. Im guessing @ 167 your a hard gainer with little fat. Eat like hell and lift like hell. its a proven method. The fat will drop on its own

Back