Thanks for the bad rap all you KS. Folks

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Don't play bike daredevil on public roads

How far do you have to go to reach the limits of craziness?
Here's a bit from a recent Associated Press story that certainly asks the question:

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. "â€￾ While an unsuspecting driver motors along a two-lane Kansas City road, a man on a motorcycle comes from the opposite direction.

"The biker is cruising at a high rate of speed when, suddenly, he climbs onto the seat. He straightens his legs, spreads his arms wide and stands triumphantly. All without slowing down."￾

Ladies and gentlemen, join me in a brief pause for those incapable of understanding the meaning of the word "insane."￾

I've heard some about crazy things being done by drivers "â€￾ and riders "â€￾ on roadways, but apparently law enforcement personnel in the Kansas City area have seen an increase in radical behavior recently.

They note that they have seen it on both sides of the line between Kansas City, Kan., and Kansas City, Mo.

But it's not just a problem in Kansas City. Such activity is a concern in many areas throughout the country.

Law enforcement agencies have plenty to watch for as it is without having this type of activity added to the list.

I'm not sure where it would fall on the list of priorities that includes drinking drivers, speeders and the like, but I would have to believe the danger to the rider and to others on the roadways would put it high up.

Luckily, this doesn't seem to be a major concern in Oklahoma. In truth, the most frequent complaint I hear about motorcycle riders involves weaving in and out of traffic.

Of course, that too can be dangerous, but more so than a rider pretending to be a surfer on a two-wheeled, high-powered machine with no control over it? Not in my thinking.

If you want to try that, take it off the public roads, please. Give the rest of us a better chance at a safe trip.

By the way ...

Thanks to all you motorcycle enthusiasts who do play it safe. May your routes always be clear and your trips always be smooth.

Enjoy your week and drive safely.

That was not me standing on my seat!
rock.gif

I find in order to impress the folks here, I need to stand on my head at 80 mph. + You know, this is the show me state.
laugh.gif

I have enough trouble standing up regularly let alone trying to do it on a bike!
laugh.gif

You can see these guys stunting down the freeways on several videos which have been professionally produced and released. In all of them, the freeway signs are all from around that area of the country.

Knuckleheads.

I think Semi made a cross-state trip and was just trying to check the traffic situation up ahead...

laugh.gif

I've done a couple myself, that is until the manager at the local Wal-mart ruined my fun.... Yep, came out and unplugged the ride while I was just starting to get big air!

I am highly offended that Cap lumps all of us Kansans in the same group. I have never and will never try to stand on my motorcycle while moving.

Sonny you worry me sometimes about the riding you do at Walmart.

Cap, you know me better than that. I agree with loboboy. I can't believe for one minute that you would lump all Kansas folk into one lump or identity. Chances are, they were from Kansas City, MO and we ALL know how those folks are!!
beerchug.gif

lots of squidly crap like that going on here to.but in downtown rush hours.bunch of stupid punks thank they are the greatest stunter to ever have ridden a bike.can even ask them and they will tell you they are.friggin idiots.city council is actually trying to ban M/C on the streets here because of these A$$holes.
banghead.gif

I am highly offended that Cap lumps all of us Kansans in the same group. I have never and will never try to stand on my motorcycle while moving.

Sonny you worry me sometimes about the riding you do at Walmart.
Yea but at less than 50 cents a ride its cheaper then the Busa!

On a serious note I for one detest all the street stunting I see out on the public roads! You wanna do that crap thats fine but take it off the streets.... I for one am not impressed by your stand up wheelies, stoppies, or the likes when done on public roads.

Wasn't me, I'm beyond the cheap stunt of riding on the tank. I like to stand the bike striaght up, and get on the front wheel and run in place. I'm bad.
bowdown.gif
thumb_up.gif
Seriously, I know of one instance the group I ride with was getting ready to run to the Legends (Shopping Center) in Kansas, over by the Speedway. When A group of riders came on thier bikes, all of them 600's and ask if they could tag along, we said sure why not. So, off we go. We get on 71N headed to 670N well no sooner than we pass 55th street on 71N these fools stand thier bikes straight up, and ride standing up on the foot pegs weaving in and out of traffic. We look at each other like WTF, needless to say we took the 47th st. exit and headed to the Plaza, after we hung there for a while, and talked about the idiots, we headed to the Legends.

Indian Larry's ghost
wowold.gif

and to summarize ... CFS (cant fix stupid) but such brazen displays of darwinism at its finest, well at least you hope they dont reproduce first
laugh.gif

these kind of acts are why I stopped riding our local area's.
Wife and I will stick to the fun riding out in the Flint Hills or head to the track days.

Back