Thank you Pingel

Wolffmann34

Registered
I just picked up my bike from Pingel with wheelie bar and electric shifter installed.

I haven’t ridden it yet, so more information to follow.

196EFE4C-9138-4BF2-BF6D-E783555064E3.jpeg

Air shifter might be a hair faster but the real benefit is you can shift without your feet in position on the pegs. Like that first shift off the line. There you have it from a guy who has never raced anything....
I’m a little older and a little overweight, bad knees too. I did some practice launches and couldn’t get my foot to the shifter in time, that’s without the wheelie bar. I did try leaving with my left foot already on the peg, but that’s not as safe if something goes wrong you want both feet down. Right now the shifter is actually using the factory ignition kill and it seems to be working well.

Doesn't the GEN 3 have wheelie control? Wondering why the wheelie bars. Wonder how the TC and wheelie control helps 1/4 times. I know on the road course with TC you just roll the throttle to full and let the bike make the most out of the traction conditions. Seems in a drag race you would just do the same?

Doesn't the GEN 3 have wheelie control? Wondering why the wheelie bars. Wonder how the TC and wheelie control helps 1/4 times. I know on the road course with TC you just roll the throttle to full and let the bike make the most out of the traction conditions. Seems in a drag race you would just do the same?
I played around with the electronics - tried the wheelie control on 1 and that keeps the front down except under a hard launch, it wheelies a little bit at the end of first. When I tried the launch control the second level bogged and level 3 wheelied like crazy. Once I do get to the track I just want to hammer it off the line and not worry about wheelies - so the wheelie bar gives me that freedom.

Back