pingel shifter install

mccama69

Registered
hello, i recently purchased a pingel electric shifter and would like to know if anyone has step by step advice on the install, or just any helpfull hints. i have read previous post that say most of you dont like electric but once dialed in i think its the best system out. thanks

i helped install my buddy kawiboy11's pingel on his bike. My advice would be to take it to a shop and get the system wired using a dyno as the electric system works by cutting the ignition for a split second in between shifts and needs to be set precisely or bad things can happen, other than that you just have to be prepared to adjust the shift cylinder time and time again before getting it right!! Good luck!!!
beerchug.gif

I have one that I installed about six months ago. It helped take my bike (a friend riding, cause I broke my neck) to 190 at the last Texas Mile. I love it and use it in my daily driving.

BUT.... I had to tune the kill time through several iterations, blew a fuse the 3rd or 4th 1/4 mile run (still don't know why), and now I get intermentant (sp?) false kill "hickups" at regular intervals of RPM. Maybe a ground fault, except that "does it almost every time at the same RPM thing".

But I still love it and think it's a lot better than the air shifters I see around.

I think I still have the instructions with mine, I never installed it.

PM me your email,I can send you a complete set of instructions
after installing correctly,it will provide trouble free up and down shifting. Anything from wide open at the strip to just cruising around town,you'll be very happy with it

_06blk_dragbike_116__Small_.jpg

Back