techmount post, which size??

hemi

Registered
just received my new techmount gps mount today. Says in the instructions that the 13mm post is the correct size for all busa's. The mount has a little bit of movement in the stem and i was hoping for a more secure fit. Anyone try a larger size post that works better in the stem hole

13mm works fine for me. Yes there is some movement, but only if you twist the mount. In practice it doesn't move at all.

i would think maybe taking some teflon tape and wrapping the end might take out the play?

I used 13mm, are all three orings new. After time they will get flat spots.

Is the stem stand in all the way to engage the third o-ring.

Greanbean is spot on. Unless they packaged it incorrectly. Also make sure it's the stem portion that is loose. I've seen the bolt that holds the plate down be a bit loose before and it is very agravating.

checked to see if the other size posts will work, 13mm is the only one that fits. Seemed to fit a bit better after i left it in there for a little while.

The only time I had issues with my mount being too loose was when I used a little lube to help it go in the stem. Wrong answer. It would move/swivel all over until I cleaned the hole out with alcohol wipes & new o-rings. Sits perfectly now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back