TC flashes too much / 45T sprocket

Armoni76

Registered
I've replaced the rear wheel sensor because I thought I did damage during the rear sprocket replacement. After installing the rear sprocket 45T, TC was flashing too much for my taste (TC level 5, LF OFF).

Now with a new sensor TC level is on 3 to be adapted to my riding style and to prevent TC to flash too much.

On which level do you guys set your TC ? And LF ?

Do you face the same symptoms after adding teeth to the rear sprocket ?

I guess this bike has just too much torque !

20231005_131823.jpg

20231005_221233.jpg

20231010_223753.jpg

If you swap a sproket would not the ecu think the wheel speed between front and rear was different righ off the bat ? ie would it think the rear was slipping ?

Reason why I'm asking, it happened to me in the past. I had to replace the rear cable sensor because I rolled my bike to the rear and I pressed the rear brake. With swingarm you can't hit the rear brake rolling backwards. My Plan of action in order to fix my problem was to recalibrate the ECU and no more lights on my dash board. I hope this info helps
Screenshot_20231011_112702_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231011_113630_Gallery.jpg

Only TC light is on? No ABS or Warning ligt on?
TC light only, but not always, only in certain "usual' conditions : lean angle, throttle open or wide open. The difference with the stock procket 43T is that now the TC light is on way more often, but I don't have the feeling to be much faster than before. Really surprised that the torque delivered now is so important with only 2 more teeth (45T)

If you swap a sproket would not the ecu think the wheel speed between front and rear was different righ off the bat ? ie would it think the rear was slipping ?
I read here, maybe in a comment of @SS4Luck that the speed sensor is on the front wheel, so if I'm running stock size tires I only change gear ratio, but the distance of the tires on the ground remains the same...

My point is, all those who have changed sprockets to increase the torque delivery, do you/they feel the same way, I mean, is the bike now more sensitive with traction control ?

And, on what level of sensibilty do you guys set your Traction Control ?

I had to go from 5 to 3 to find the feeling I had with 45T (oem)

Last edited:
I read here, maybe in a comment of @SS4Luck that the speed sensor is on the front wheel, so if I'm running stock size tires I only change gear ratio, but the distance of the tires on the ground remains the same...

My point is, all those who have changed sprockets to increase the torque delivery, do you/they feel the same way, I mean, is the bike now more sensitive with traction control ?

And, on what level of sensibilty do you guys set your Traction Control ?

I had to go from 5 to 3 to find the feeling I had with 45T (oem)
Mine definitely has more torque and I normally have tc turned off when the weather is good, but i do notice that it definitely spins more lol.

Your sprockets won't impact your speedo or odometer. It's all on the front wheel speed ring for that. TC reads the wheel speed of both rings to see if one wheel is slipping. Sprockets still won't matter since it's in relation to one another not a set amount of RPMs.

If you went to a 45T and saw the TC come on more chances are you were just spinning more.

A lot of us run with TC LC off. I've even removed the ABS from the bike. All the rider aids are off, engine brack on QS on and let it ride.

Off topic but I absolutely hate that setup dme uses. It's such an afterthought. You could use a Gen 1 hanger and calipers with brake bar eliminator. It will require some modification of parts to fit but you won't have to worry about that happening again. That's what I did on mine.

The TC light flashes when the TC is doing it's thing. With a larger rear sprocket the engine has more leverage over the rear wheel so therefore it'll be easier the spin the rear tire causing the TC to kick in more often. My car does the same thing if I leave the TC on and hammer on it. your options are to either be easier with the throttle or turn off TC but you'd better know what your doing because the rear slipping out or slipping and catching is more possible. BTW I LOVE those carbon wheels!

Back