Chain and Sprocket conversion

Not to mention trying to do wheelies on a bike that weights 100lbs MORE than a 1k with more torque and a 520 chain. Power wheelies and popping that clutch a few times, I don't see it ending well... :rofl:

Ever notice how the guys with absolutely no experience with the subject seem to know the most? :dunno:

A 520 chain will lift 15 hayabusa's dead weight. Tensile strength on a Vortex 520RV3 chain is 8800 pounds (12% less than a 530) and for some reason unknown to mankind you think lifting the front tire on a 500 pound bike will exceed 8800 pounds? :cookoo:

I'll go so far as to bet you a thousand bucks that you can't break a vortex 520RV3 chain on a stock busa no matter what you do or how hard you try!

Ever notice how the guys with absolutely no experience with the subject seem to know the most? :dunno:

A 520 chain will lift 15 hayabusa's dead weight. Tensile strength on a Vortex 520RV3 chain is 8800 pounds (12% less than a 530) and for some reason unknown to mankind you think lifting the front tire on a 500 pound bike will exceed 8800 pounds? :cookoo:

I'll go so far as to bet you a thousand bucks that you can't break a vortex 520RV3 chain on a stock busa no matter what you do or how hard you try!

I can't argue with the tensile strength ratings.
I would tend to think that having less surface area the 520 would wear faster, and take more abuse. It would also have a smaller master link, which is where most chains fail(and likely a lot of master link failure from improper installation).
To be popping the clutch, or to the closed throttle to wide open snap of a decent power wheelie, I personally would want the wider, heavier 530 chain. Being larger and possibly able to withstand more abuse.
Day in and day out on the street.
Not just the over all "how much weight it can hold up" test.
As opposed to a drag bike or track bike. They get ridden the same most every time out, then inspected, and sometimes replaced by the sponsor or team.
Maybe I AM way out of line with my thinking.
I have had 530 chains on big bikes since they were a NEED, before smaller chains were as strong, or stronger.
Maybe my thinking hasn't evolved past that.
I appollogise for any disinformation or confusion that I may have caused.
I don't want this to become another argument or oil thread:laugh:

I can't argue with the tensile strength ratings.
I would tend to think that having less surface area the 520 would wear faster, and take more abuse. It would also have a smaller master link, which is where most chains fail(and likely a lot of master link failure from improper installation).
To be popping the clutch, or to the closed throttle to wide open snap of a decent power wheelie, I personally would want the wider, heavier 530 chain. Being larger and possibly able to withstand more abuse.
Day in and day out on the street.
Not just the over all "how much weight it can hold up" test.
As opposed to a drag bike or track bike. They get ridden the same most every time out, then inspected, and sometimes replaced by the sponsor or team.
Maybe I AM way out of line with my thinking.
I have had 530 chains on big bikes since they were a NEED, before smaller chains were as strong, or stronger.
Maybe my thinking hasn't evolved past that.
I appollogise for any disinformation or confusion that I may have caused.
I don't want this to become another argument or oil thread:laugh:
Don't argue with TufBusa. He knows absolutely everything about, well, everything.

EVERYONE knows that.

Somehow I think there might be some dynamics involved here ... a bicycle chain will lift the front end of a 500 pound bike and hold it there for centuries but you wouldn't find me putting one on my Busa.

Somehow I think there might be some dynamics involved here ... a bicycle chain will lift the front end of a 500 pound bike and hold it there for centuries but you wouldn't find me putting one on my Busa.

Huh? You are questioning the almighty TufBusa? The king of "late braking" and the absolute wisdom pinnacle of all things Busa?

Any high school dropout kid from the ghetto can talk trash. Put your money where your mouth is! :banana:

Any one of you Einstein's can make yourself an easy grand, just "Show me the MONEY"! :thumbsup:

Any high school dropout kid from the ghetto can talk trash. Put your money where your mouth is! :banana:
:
ek530-zzz-chain_1.jpg

Any one of you Einstein's can make yourself an easy grand, just "Show me the MONEY"! :thumbsup:

I accept PayPal!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey watch it new recruit, you're talking to a seasoned pilot!

Yeah? Well TufBusa is a "Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach" which makes him just a teensy bit short of the 2nd coming. If you have any doubts about how much of an expert he is about everything, just ask him!

ek530-zzz-chain_1.jpg

I accept PayPal!!

I see you fit in quite nicely with the crew! However, you are a wee bit short placing your bet. You only have $181. Is that all you can afford? When your government check arrives at the end of the month drop back in and I'll help you count it. Maybe we can work something out? :dunno:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh good grief. what are you gonna do? Each agree to have a chian installed on your bike,,,or a friend/likey victims bike?

Then see which can handle more abuse till it breaks?

What if one does break...you gonna help the other guy out with his "test subject"...his motor.Smashed cases.

Are we gonna get video from atleast 2 or 3 angles?

Will there be sorn affidavit's by the installers and riders, (assuming the riders dont get taken out by a smaller weaker chain)

I love the "Murphy's Law" quotient/factor...equation thou. Chains of all type,break everyday.

I will put one thousand on each team. That is my bet.Double or nuthin'

So,when is all this tripe gonna become reality?

Keep me posted.

Back