Tattoo

Deuteronomy 14:1(Amplified): "Ye are the sons of the LORD your God; you shall not cut yourselves, nor make any baldness on your foreheads for the dead."

What if you cant help the baldness?....should I get a tatto also?
the key phrase here is...

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
for the dead."[/quote]

Deuteronomy 14:1(Amplified): "Ye are the sons of the LORD your God; you shall not cut yourselves, nor make any baldness on your foreheads for the dead."

What if you cant help the baldness?....should I get a tatto also?
I'm bald and tattooed...double whammy!  guess I promoted to the second circle of hell...so silly to believe that.

BTW: according to the good book, if my wife get out of line its ok for me to stone her to death.
key phrase here is "for the dead" also.

and no you will not go to hell for tatoo's ....you go to hell for sins. You go to heaven for accepting Jesus's payment for your sins. NO I'm not going to preach
shake.gif

If you follow the bible, don't do it. But, bible says to not swear or covet either, who does that? Either way, if you get a tattoo, tell a lie or covet your neighbors wife its a sin, theres no small sins, they all weigh the same.
thumb_up.gif
 your right..thats why God sent his son....NO I'm still not gonna preach
biggrin.gif

Tattoo are awesome, I plan on getting many many more.. If the word of God says that Im not supposed to get tattooed then I guess that's not my God..

Only 1 life to live and Ill live it to the fullest extent that I see fit, no silly rules. Just my 2 cents tho, do what you believe is right
I will start by saying I have 2 tatoos. No I don't know the definate answer to the tatoo delimma. If we are not suppose to have them, then we are not suppose to have them. This is a hard topic like some others.

If your parents tell you not to eat a cookie before your meal, does that mean they are not your parents or that they are not right or that they are wrong or don't love you. Our parents usually had a good reason for rules, even if we didn't agree or understand them. lol.

I've reread this hoping to not be coming across preachy or rude...so please
please.gif
don't read it that way
hello.gif
you know how text can be misinterpreted.
tounge.gif

I really hope I haven't offended anyone here.
shake.gif
Text can come across wrong sometimes. I am by no means judging anyone about anything.lol.

I only wanted to clear up any misunderstandings about God's word. I was careful about how I typed it so it would come across as sincere as I could.
coffee.gif

"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord."

My bible says....

"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord."

The word Tattoo should be no where in the bible...It wasn't a word yet.

got this from dictionary.com

Word History: Although the practice of tattooing the body is very old, the English word tattoo is relatively new. The explorer Captain James Cook (who also gave us the word taboo) introduced the word to English speakers in his account of a voyage around the world from 1768 to 1771. Like taboo, tattoo comes from Polynesian languages such as Tahitian and Samoan. The earliest use of the verb tattoo in English is found in an entry for 1769 in Cook's diary. Sailors introduced the custom into Europe from the Pacific societies in which it was practiced, and it has remained associated with sailors, although many landlubbers now get tattoos as well.

Back