Tattoo

guess I going to hell then or am I a wiccan can figure it out but boy I like tats
beerchug.gif

If you follow the bible, don't do it. But, bible says to not swear or covet either, who does that? Either way, if you get a tattoo, tell a lie or covet your neighbors wife its a sin, theres no small sins, they all weigh the same. Hows that for Christian apologetics.

ROTFL... By all means, I would NOT get a Tattoo cause some collection of moldy fables featuring some Cosmic Jewish Zombie Tells you NOT too.
beerchug.gif

There's also stuff in there about NOT judging, Coveting, Lying, thieving Etc... Doesn't seem to slow anyone down, hasn't led to much other than genocide, and world strife really, but hey by god you'd better NOT get that Tat, cause everyone with a Tat is going straight to hell...
firedevil.gif

That's awesome!

I'm a devote Catholic with 3 tatoos

1 devoted to my wife of 28 yrs
1 devoted to my children
1 devoted to my God

so I'm going with the explanation below.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

28. Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead-The practice of making deep gashes on the face and arms and legs, in time of bereavement, was universal among the heathen, and it was deemed a becoming mark of respect for the dead, as well as a sort of propitiatory offering to the deities who presided over death and the grave. The Jews learned this custom in Egypt, and though weaned from it, relapsed in a later and degenerate age into this old superstition (Isa 15:2; Jer 16:6; 41:5).

nor print any marks upon you-by tattooing, imprinting figures of flowers, leaves, stars, and other fanciful devices on various parts of their person. The impression was made sometimes by means of a hot iron, sometimes by ink or paint, as is done by the Arab females of the present day and the different castes of the Hindus. It is probable that a strong propensity to adopt such marks in honor of some idol gave occasion to the prohibition in this verse; and they were wisely forbidden, for they were signs of apostasy; and, when once made, they were insuperable obstacles to a return. (See allusions to the practice, Isa 44:5; Re 13:17; 14:1).

I have a tat, so does Juli, her's is an angel, and you would just have to see mine. But anyway, I want another, someday.
beerchug.gif

Deuteronomy 14:1(Amplified): "Ye are the sons of the LORD your God; you shall not cut yourselves, nor make any baldness on your foreheads for the dead."

What if you cant help the baldness?....should I get a tatto also?

Deuteronomy 14:1(Amplified): "Ye are the sons of the LORD your God; you shall not cut yourselves, nor make any baldness on your foreheads for the dead."

What if you cant help the baldness?....should I get a tatto also?
I'm bald and tattooed...double whammy! guess I promoted to the second circle of hell...so silly to believe that.

BTW: according to the good book, if my wife get out of line its ok for me to stone her to death.

America is supposed to mean FREEDOM. Keep your views to yourself.
Not sure if that comment was aimed at me but...Whoooaah, simma dohwn nah, I never said it was my view, was just stating what Christians allegedly believe according to the bible, of course every one has their own interpretations. Personally I could give a crap, and no I don't think you would go to hell for having a tat. I would get one but am too torn about what I would want, probably motorcycle related no doubt.

Tattoo are awesome, I plan on getting many many more.. If the word of God says that Im not supposed to get tattooed then I guess that's not my God..

Only 1 life to live and Ill live it to the fullest extent that I see fit, no silly rules. Just my 2 cents tho, do what you believe is right

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

28. Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead-The practice of making deep gashes on the face and arms and legs, in time of bereavement, was universal among the heathen, and it was deemed a becoming mark of respect for the dead, as well as a sort of propitiatory offering to the deities who presided over death and the grave. The Jews learned this custom in Egypt, and though weaned from it, relapsed in a later and degenerate age into this old superstition (Isa 15:2; Jer 16:6; 41:5).

nor print any marks upon you-by tattooing, imprinting figures of flowers, leaves, stars, and other fanciful devices on various parts of their person. The impression was made sometimes by means of a hot iron, sometimes by ink or paint, as is done by the Arab females of the present day and the different castes of the Hindus. It is probable that a strong propensity to adopt such marks in honor of some idol gave occasion to the prohibition in this verse; and they were wisely forbidden, for they were signs of apostasy; and, when once made, they were insuperable obstacles to a return. (See allusions to the practice, Isa 44:5; Re 13:17; 14:1).
+1 here

Back