Tank protecter??

hey guys, I just recently bought an 05 red and black busa, and on the front of my gas tank there is a huge warning sticker, can somone let me know whats the best way to remove it without any scratches.

hey guys, I just recently bought an 05 red and black busa, and on the front of my gas tank there is a huge warning sticker, can somone let me know whats the best way to remove it without any scratches.
I just did mine.......I used a blow dryer to heat it up. Peeled it off with my nails. No Scratches...... It took about 25 minutes.
At the local bike shop you can get this stuff called "sticker off." It will help. It comes in a small spray bottle. A friend of mine said he used it and it worked great. I can not confirm or deny this.

Beware on what you use to scrape on your tank......Another friend scratched his tank really bad removing his stickers. He now owns a 2005 GSXR1000 w/ a scratched gas tank. BE CAREFUL.

The MagKnight tank cover will fit perfectly. Just heat it up with a hobby heat gun, or good hair dryer, and push any lifting sections in towards the tank, and hold in place for a few seconds till it cools. Takes a bit of patience but eventually you'll get a perfect fit.

dudewizr - Yeah, please let me know about those Busa stickers! That really looks slick on your MagKnight!
smile.gif

DDBusa05 - if your MagKnight is the standard black color - don't throw it away. I'll buy it from ya!

B & B - I just took my tank sticker off my '05. They are definitely the stickers-from-hell! I used a hobby heat gun to heat the sticker up, then pealed it off. A good hair dryer will probably work. Careful not to use too much heat. Expect it to come off real slow. Applying heat and pealing with my fingers didn't last long. Burnt the s### out of my finger tips! Then I ended up using the tip of a soft leather belt to slowly pry it back (again with heat). That eventually worked (read: sloooowly). After the sticker comes off expect to see a square of gluey mess on your tank. Then you'll say to yourself, "Why didn't I just leave the f#####n alone!"
smile.gif
But don't sweat it..., use some helmet shield cleaner/polish and the glue will come right off, with minimal effort. End result will be a perfect tank surface! Well worth the effort (although I'm glad I don't have to do it again!)
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

The MagKnight tank cover will fit perfectly.  Just heat it up with a hobby heat gun, or good hair dryer, and push any lifting sections in towards the tank, and hold in place for a few seconds till it cools.  Takes a bit of patience but eventually you'll get a perfect fit.

dudewizr - Yeah, please let me know about those Busa stickers!  That really looks slick on your MagKnight!
smile.gif

DDBusa05 - if your MagKnight is the standard black color - don't throw it away.  I'll buy it from ya!

B & B - I just took my tank sticker off my '05.  They are definitely the stickers-from-hell!  I used a hobby heat gun to heat the sticker up, then pealed it off.  A good hair dryer will probably work.  Careful not to use too much heat.  Expect it to come off real slow.  Applying heat and pealing with my fingers didn't last long.  Burnt the s### out of my finger tips!  Then I ended up using the tip of a soft leather belt to slowly pry it back (again with heat).  That eventually worked (read: sloooowly).  After the sticker comes off expect to see a square of gluey mess on your tank.  Then you'll say to yourself, "Why didn't I just leave the f#####n alone!"
smile.gif
  But don't sweat it..., use some helmet shield cleaner/polish and the glue will come right off, with minimal effort.   End result will be a perfect tank surface!  Well worth the effort (although I'm glad I don't have to do it again!)  
biggrin.gif
Ok heres the website, haven't figured out posting links on here yet so I guess cut-n-paste is the best I can offer. I told them to expect people from .ORG to reference Dudewizr so he can get an idea of where his business is coming from. I don't get anything from it.

www.Honda-decals.com I think all of my decals were less than $20. I have one on each side of the tank and a big one on my windscreen and it has survived many, many bugs at 150+ and many wipedowns.

busa_III_012.jpg

smile.gif

dudewizr and pward76: kinda off topic, but thumbs up to the two of you.....for those gorgeous and obviously well taken care of busas! VERY NICE!!!
smile.gif

Back