Tank protection?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
I am lookin for some tank protection, what are you using?

( Now that I have a dark color it shows every scuff, even from the leathers... and you know how particular I am ... :cool: )

tank 002.jpg

I am running a Tank Bra right now but have also looked at Tech Spec Grips for my tank instead of the bra that I am using . I have had no issues with the tank bra . Just make sure you wax the tank real good before you put one on if you get one . I make it a habit to take it off frequently to clean under it .

Mine came in the other day, any tips for the install? Same as a large decal?

Yeah pretty easy. Clean the tank well. Make sure there is no lint or anything left over. Water with a drop or 2 of soap and a spray bottle. Mist the tank down mist the both sides of the Slapper. Slap her on and squeegee from the center out. Dont worry if you mess up just peel off and start over. I take mine off once a year to clean the tank and re apply.

I like the tank bra. Protects and also gives pretty good grip to your inner thighs.

I like the tank bra but the TankSlapper and Gripster are two products I hadn't heard of and look equally good. Just a matter of what you prefer.

I ordered a Tankslapper when I first bought my bike. After about three or four years, it was looking rough. So, I ordered another. They came nearly folded up and I had a hard time getting the paper off.

I think he had so many made that they did not sell quick enough and went bad..... I could not even use them, they were so messed up.....

Both of my bike have the tech spec stuff. They really help out when riding two up and you come up to a stop when the passenger is pressed up against you, gives your legs some noslip traction to brace against. And they are just about indestructible, mine are two years old and still look and feel new.

DSCN0716.jpg

tobinleft.jpg

I ordered a Tankslapper when I first bought my bike. After about three or four years, it was looking rough. So, I ordered another. They came nearly folded up and I had a hard time getting the paper off.

I think he had so many made that they did not sell quick enough and went bad..... I could not even use them, they were so messed up.....

That sux, mine came flat and ready to go. Try again, maybe?

Thanks everyone, Good replies!

Personally I never liked a full tank cover or bra as I like to see the paint. I know I ordered a tank slapper cover anout 8 years ago for my 2000 Red busie but I never installed it. I gotta go see whats in my closet and if I cant find it I be ordering one. :beerchug:

Back