Tank Protection

shortstuf

Registered
I am looking for the best way to protect the tank on my new Busa I was looking at the vinyl tank bras but was wondering if you have to take them off when you wash your bike? Or is there a better way to protect it?

I don't 'water' wash mine but I do remove the tank bra every couple months or so to polish under it.

IMG002 (Medium).JPG

Checkout GeelongCarboncraft.com they have a HUGE Carbon fiber tank protector, the prices are in Australian dollars, it comes to around $150. Havent ordered mine yet but they look great, if you like carbon fiber of coarse.

Used a $20 bra on the '06. It only took a minute to remove and install between washes. Never had any issues with the finish 36K plus with it.

Haven't decided on '08 protection yet.

Bagster, the extra padding on it and just the feel of it is great. No hot or cold tank on your thighs. :thumbsup:
1 for the 06 (30k + miles with it) and just bought another for the 08, yep return customer. Good for a tie down spot when you don't have a bag attached. :)

2009-03-01 008.jpg

Got the Suzuki aftermarket bra on mine (pn 99950-64049, only $25.50 from Oneida). Mostly wanted it to protect the tank from zippers, but it really surprised me was how much grip it gives my legs on the tank. Wow!

Personally don't like Bagsters, they hide the wonderful colours and the main focal point of your bike. each to there own though:thumbsup:

Back