tank pads

I had Stomps on the Busa but found when wearing jeans or thin textiles i could feel the dots....didn't like that so removed them.
I have since fitted TECHSPEC to my V4 Tuono and really like them, slim grippy and a nice matt finish...just have to be careful when polishing the bike as its not easy getting dried polish out from the snakeskin surface.
Downside for me was that the UK price is equivalent to about $75 a pair.

I have used both Stomp Grip and Tech Spec on various bikes.
I found Stomp Grip very grippy but it does tear your leathers up over time. Tech Spec seems just as grippy but is much kinder to your leathers.
I ride 6 days a week, so Tech Spec for me.

Yep,will peel right off/go right back on.Not sure how many times though,peeled mine off and have been on some wax paper for over a year,checked them the other day and adhesive is still fine.

so yesterday I installed the Suzuki tank bra and thought it looked like **** on the bike, so I just ordered some clear stomp grip that fits the busa, any advise on sticking them on straight I'm all ears. I was going to go with tech snake skin but were sold out. I like the idea of the clear stomp grip tho, that way you can see the busa pin stripes

Techspec all the way. I had them on my 01 Busa, then transferred them to my 05... still stuck like new! Bought a set for my wife's GSXR, and my B-King, the Street Triple R she replaced the Gixxer with and now my current TLR wears a set.

I love the things!

4604289627_a6e8774133_b_d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
so yesterday I installed the Suzuki tank bra and thought it looked like **** on the bike, so I just ordered some clear stomp grip that fits the busa, any advise on sticking them on straight I'm all ears. I was going to go with tech snake skin but were sold out. I like the idea of the clear stomp grip tho, that way you can see the busa pin stripes

Just heat them up real good with a blow dryer. Use tape to mark on the tank/grips so they line up. I always use rapidtac to prep the surface. I use that stuff for all decals to instal wet so you can move it around. I havent tried installing stomp grip wet though it would probly work. If it helps i can post up a pic. I got them dead on last time.

I deleted the tank bra today and got my clear stomp grips on. I got them on straight as a laser using masking tape and heating them up with a blow dryer. they look mint and feel good and grippy riding, only complaint is air bubbles, I'm hoping they go away in time but not a big deal.

Use a hair dryer to warm them again and work the bubbles out if possible. If not, use a pin and poke them and work them out.
Troy

They may, but I would just poke them and then they will for sure. U will never even see the wound!
Troy

I use the Stomp Grip traction pads. Love them. Only issue. I have had is they get pretty dirty when I ride with my Kevlar pants. They do clean up tho.
They are rubbery with a bunch of raised dots..and clear.
Can't recall where I purchased them from.
Troy

Love your exhaust btw.......how are you liking it?

If you guys would stop fooling with those stomp grips..you'd be much happier with the tech specs....

Any pics of the clear? I have the stomp grips on mine and like them just fine. They don't hurt my legs, they haven't torn up my riding gear much, but I could see that happening over time. I'd consider the TechSpec clear, because I too like the paint scheme of my bike to show through.

TS-62-0069-12T.jpg

The problem with anything clear is the unsightly air bubbles underneath....

Last edited by a moderator:
If your just looking for tank protection I highly recommend the Tankslapper kit. Have had it on my bike for nearly a decade and you can take it off and clean, and wax at will. I recently swapped out the fuel tank side pieces for the snakeskin Techspec because I wanted better grip to spare my junk after a brake upgrade!:laugh: Works great but its tough to clean! Havent tried removing and reinstall yet.

Love your exhaust btw.......how are you liking it?

Sorry, been moving...just got internet back today!
Absolutely love the exhaust. Still haven't taken the baffles out, and I may not. They sound so good with them in.
Troy

Back