tank pads

iceman1000

Registered
I'm looking for some nice tank pads to stick on the sides of the tank where my legs grip the bike. Ive had stomp grip on other bikes but for the busa id rather find more of a rubber pad of some sort, any ideas?? The black tank is getting scuffed up from my jeans already.

has anyone used the hayabusa tank bra from Suzuki? do they scratch up the tank?

I have a tank bra that I bought off eBay. I have about 9000 miles on it and tank is perfect under. I take it off about every 1000 miles to clean under. I am very happy with it.

I use the Stomp Grip traction pads. Love them. Only issue. I have had is they get pretty dirty when I ride with my Kevlar pants. They do clean up tho.
They are rubbery with a bunch of raised dots..and clear.
Can't recall where I purchased them from.
Troy

image.jpg

I use stomp grip on the sides which IMO is the best stuff available and spectech on the top. If your trying to save a few bucks or looking for a different style try the spectech snakeskin. the one I use for a top tank pad has got a lot of compliments and works well

Stompgrips SUCK. they tear up your leathers, or your legs (in jeans will HURT), the glue looks insightly, etc.

GET THE TECH SPECS. The are reusable, look cool, and have plenty of grip without TOO much grip. I LOVE THEM on my race bike.

If you are just trying to protect the tank, Suzuki made aftermarket carbon-fiber looking stickons that are what is on my 08....

thanks for the help but I'm going to try a tank bra, ive had stomp grip on other bikes and its good stuff but I can never get the stuff on straight so I'm gonna try a tank bra this time

thanks for the help but I'm going to try a tank bra, ive had stomp grip on other bikes and its good stuff but I can never get the stuff on straight so I'm gonna try a tank bra this time

I think you will like it. Just make sure to wax the tank well and keep the underside of the bra clean.

Stompgrips SUCK. they tear up your leathers, or your legs (in jeans will HURT), the glue looks insightly, etc.

GET THE TECH SPECS. The are reusable, look cool, and have plenty of grip without TOO much grip. I LOVE THEM on my race bike.

If you are just trying to protect the tank, Suzuki made aftermarket carbon-fiber looking stickons that are what is on my 08....
Holy crap you had bad luck with stomp grip. Makes your legs hurt? Lol

Just put stomp grips on my gen2, not wild over how they look but they protect the tank really well and defiantly make it easier for me to clamp on to the bike. Really grippy but so far don't hurt my legs at all

Problem with a tank bra is they get wet, then dirty. And all that flapping is like flapping sandpaper against the tank. Pads are much better.

Problem with a tank bra is they get wet, then dirty. And all that flapping is like flapping sandpaper against the tank. Pads are much better.

I am not saying that pads are not better, but after 9000 miles mine does not flap and the paint under is perfect. Like I said before the key is keeping it clean.

agreed tech spec

no offense but tank bras look like shiit. nothn looks or works better then the tech spec shiit

I ran the TechSpec Snake Skin for a bit,not that I needed them(since my fat azz isn't big on tryin' to rail curves:laugh:)but just added them for looks/texture to break up some of the black.Really quality made and great that they're reusable(not running them now but may get a wild hair one of these days and stick them back on:laugh:).I thought they were kind of pricey at around $90 for the 3 pieces(including shipping)but probably worth it if you need them.

004_zps1258be9e.jpg

011_zps66a61008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
But, on my Busa...I'd use tech specs now, but here are the OEM Suzuki aftermarket ones...which are fine because I'm not slinging it around corners too much either...

IMG_4021 (Large).jpg

IMG_4019 (Large).JPG

IMG_4028.jpg

Sure do like my stompgrips. But I will say, can't imagine riding in shorts with them...ouch! I did look at the Tech Specs, but settled on these. If these wear out, might try them next. Dunno.
I do like the "clear." Not very noticable 10+ feet away.
Btw, any grips will make long trips much more pleasant on ur back. They are not just for carving!
Troy

I use the Stomp Grip traction pads. Love them. Only issue. I have had is they get pretty dirty when I ride with my Kevlar pants. They do clean up tho.
They are rubbery with a bunch of raised dots..and clear.
Can't recall where I purchased them from.
Troy

I totally agree on this. Ive had stomp grips since I bought mine in 06. I just finally had to replace them this year when one of them finally fell off. But hey I figure an 8 year run is ok

Partial to Tech Specs also. 95% of the guys I ride with all use Tech Specs.

That says something.

Buy: Suzuki Motorcycle Tank Grips Techspec USA | BMW Honda Kawasaki Suzuki Yamaha | Pashnit

18838473652_361c34035e_b.jpg

I also had a tank bra on the '00, but it rubs off the clear coat. Didn't like it.

Also partial to Bagster on three of my bikes, but not cheap at about $300 for that setup with the tankbag.

And yes, the Stomp Grips do hurt your legs. It's the pattern and shape they use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back