Help Installing Tank Bra

JPunisher

Registered
I know that this sounds dumb but I am having trouble installing a tank bra. The original suzuki tank bra has been discontinued for anything under an 08 so I have been looking for a new tank bra for my bike. I finally got one and for some reason it can easily be pulled from the side of the tank. It is not gripping on to anything. I looked at my brothers busa and the clips on his tank bra are different from mine. His look like U shaped clips that clip on to the lip of the tank where mine is a long L type clip that does not hold on to anything. Both are original suzuki with the only difference being that his has the carbon fiber look and mine doesn't. I am assuming that these L shaped clips need to be held in place by squeezing the tank and frame together but I have a small gap that prevents me from doing that which is caused by my chrome side tank pads. Another thing that I noticed is that my bike does not have the rubber pads between the tank and frame. Does anyone have any ideas on how this is supposed to be installed? Does anyone know where I can get the rubber pads that go between the frame and tank?

Thanks,

JPunisher

You're supposed to have enough practice to be able to do it "one-handed"~!~ :laugh:

Actually, like Big said...a pic might help a bit

Back