Tank ding

I have a trick you might try that I've seen work with remarkable success...in some dings almost as bad as yours which I never would've dreamed were repairable..and it goes like this...

Use ductape and cardboard to build a dam about the perimeter of the ding about 2-4 inches tall....then keep filling that dammed off area with crushed dry ice....and keep it full for a couple hours...meanwhile?...get a pot of boiling SALT water going...to a violent boil...and then?...as quickly as you can?...whisk the dam and the last of the dry ice away and dowse the frozen metal with the boiling hot salt water.

Thermal shock...and as the frozen contracted metal gets shocked with the ultra hot water it rapidly expands and with no where's else to go?...it just may pop out...and that's how it works..but there's two no gaurentees involved here...

1. It might not work and...

2. If it does work?..you risk a chuck of your paint popping off. (however...I have seen it done successfully where the paint didn't pop off at all.)

One things for certain...it's worth a try...dry ice is what?...$5 a block?

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
lol,
biggrin.gif
rock.gif

Sounds like a nuclear submarine experiment

interesting .

Tank bra...the best answer
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|hydrabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144934418 -->

Okay, I have a question for you...
Off topic, I know, but what the heck are you doing with a King Ranch Version Ford in Northern Yankee land...
Where did you get one so far North...
Nice trucks though, right?

David

in Mass. there is company called dent doctor they fixed the dent in my friends harley. maybe there is something like that out your way. just a thought.
vader1.gif

how did you get that dent anyway.

Relsec < If he don't want it and my insurance will pay for it I would buy it. If I ever get mine back we need to go riding sometime..

DSC00011.jpg

Relsec    < If he don't want it and my insurance will pay for it I would buy it. If I ever get mine back we need to go riding sometime..
Let's do it, If I'd have known you were around, we could have gone today and you could have been pulled over by the FHP with me.

What part of town are you in? I'm on the North end, off Duff Road.

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145156777 -->

Back