Emptying Gas Tank

HayabusaEPT

Registered
I just sold my fairings with the gas tank.  Removed tank with about 1/2 Gallon of gas.  Whats the best way of removing the gas.  I already tilted, moved around, and shook it as much as possible.  Still has a lil bit of gas. How can I get rid of it. Need to ship soon. Should I let it sit to evaporate on its own?    
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|HayabusaEPT
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076396518 -->

suck it out with straw... it'll get the job done, plus you'll get to meet the "huffer fairies" that'll be floating around your head!

Just toss a match in there, it should burn up any residual gas or gas vapor plus it will probably make a cool 'whoosh' sound when it lights.
tounge.gif

Now if you're really smart, you won't listen to a word I have said.
wink.gif

Well heck... if its to you dezzy... He should do the right thing...
Provide a little 'X'tra. Just fill the tank up for dezzy.
Everyone knows a full tank is less dangerous than an empty one.
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

if its a 00 style tank you can un screw the bottom 4 or 2 , im not sure right now but i know they are the only screws under the tank, bolts that are on the tank itself that will empty it out completely.
be ready for it to spill a good cup or two.

i know it sounds like there isnt alot but youll be suprised how much comes out.
if it's a 00 style you should also have a set of black rubber caps under your hump in the stroage space the flat area near the seat.
lift up the hump should be on the right, two half inch or so black rubber caps.
you take those, caps, after you pull the hoses from the tank you plug them so it dosent leak gas.

see if it works
thats what i did when i drained mine to get it painted

Back