Gas tank voodoo

wpg2rch

Donating Member
Registered
Okay, I haven't had my Busa very long, but today I had the gas tank raised and was checking things out. At that point I noticed that the tank's underside is bowed in quite a bit. After comparing the Busa tank with a 5 gallon gas can in my garage, I was confused...how do you get over 5 gallons of gas in there?!?! That cannot be possible!  
AAAssjani.gif

Is Suzuki working some magic to make this happen?  
all_coholic.gif

there is a tiny tube that runs into the frame and thats where about 3 gallons are sittin

I've filled up with 4.9 gallons before. They make it fit.

(boazalmighty @ Aug. 01 2007,22:38) there is a tiny tube that runs into the frame and thats where about 3 gallons are sittin
I think you found your vapor lock problem!
laugh.gif

Thats why we do the air box mod...

we cut the flapper out of the bottom of the air box so the gas will pour straight into the engine and you get more in that way
all_coholic.gif

(wpg2rch @ Aug. 01 2007,22:31) Okay, I haven't had my Busa very long, but today I had the gas tank raised and was checking things out. At that point I noticed that the tank's underside is bowed in quite a bit. After comparing the Busa tank with a 5 gallon gas can in my garage, I was confused...how do you get over 5 gallons of gas in there?!?! That cannot be possible!  
AAAssjani.gif

Is Suzuki working some magic to make this happen?  
all_coholic.gif
And don't forget about all of the space inside the tank the fuel pump is taking up. That thing is huge.

When you compared the busa gas tank with a 5 gal. can was it the large 5 gal. can or the small 5 gal. can?
rock.gif

I got 6Gallons in my Busa's tank one day. The trick is to fill it up real fast and shut the gascap before the extra gas has time to flow out.
firedevil.gif

Back