Tank Bra

roadkingclassic

Registered
I was wondering if any member has any first hand experience with tank bra's... do they scratch the tank, I am a little weary of using them and I am also weary of rubbing up against the tank ..do not want to scratch it... any help is much appreciated thanks,

I had the Suzuki one on my '06 for two years. In 16,000 miles, never a scratch. I took it off each time I washed & waxed and was VERY carfeul about never getting it dirty. My only complaint is it cover so much of the great paint job. I don't think I'll be using it on my new '08.

I had the Suzuki one on my '06 for two years. In 16,000 miles, never a scratch.  I took it off each time I washed & waxed and was VERY carfeul about never getting it dirty.  My only complaint is it cover so much of the great paint job.  I don't think I'll be using it on my new '08.
thanks for the reply... so what about scratches?... or is that expected?

I would not run without one!

Had one (Suzuki Issue) on mine for over two years.

I've had one on mine for about five years now, after which it (the paint) was a little dull last time I looked, but also the bike has never been waxed. I got the bra because my jacket was scratching the paint.

I had the Suzuki one on my '06 for two years. In 16,000 miles, never a scratch.  I took it off each time I washed & waxed and was VERY carfeul about never getting it dirty.  My only complaint is it cover so much of the great paint job.
I agree - mine was already on there when I bought it new from the dealer... good protection for the paint even though it messes up the lines of the bike.

I've got a tankcover from Bagstar.
I got it form my 1st-gen busa and it fits 95% good on the 2nd-gen.
The tank of the 2nd-gen is a little higher in the middle, so it shows a little part (1/3") of tank at the lower-side part of the cover.
Also at the front of the tank the 2nd-gen got 2 savings, witch give the cover a little space.

With the bagstar the hole tank is coverd.
I never took it of will washing the bike.
After 4 years the tank was still looking perfect.

I CONSIDERED ONE FOR MY 08 ORANGE/BLACK BUT HATE TO COVER THE COLOR. IF I HAD THE BLACK/GREY ONE I WOULD DEFINATELY GET ONE. USED ONE ON MY 99 BUSA FOR YEARS. BEST PROTECTION YOU CAN GE.

I was just looking at the Suzuki one for the 08. looks like its got the Kanji on it and priced at $39.95. It going on my Christmas list  
cool.gif

SuzukiCyckes Link Broken

this one has been on my bike since 2001, no scratches at all on the tank....
sorry for the poor pic...quality
turbobusa050.jpg

Try these guys. I have had a Magknight since I bought the Busa and love it. Most people canot tell it's on the bike...
By the way, it is on the tank in the picture below...

http://www.mag-knight.com/

David

Try these guys. I have had a Magknight since I bought the Busa and love it. Most people canot tell it's on the bike...
By the way, it is on the tank in the picture below...

http://www.mag-knight.com/

David
I was thinking about one of these. I had a tank slapper--that worked OK, but a PIA to put on and keep the bubbles out. As soon as they make one for the new '08 organge/black, I may give it a look/see.

I put one on my ride from second look. Worse thing I ever did. I washed my bike without the bra of course but it didn't matter. The bra still left marks in more than one place on her and with very little miles on. Bike is always garage kept even under a cover.
I'll never install a bra again. I have absolutely no scratches on with much more miles on the bike with just a tank pad and yes my bike was waxed well before the bra was installed. I'll never use a bra again. Besides, the bike looks a lot better without one.

I used a magnetic tank bra for awhile but it didn't hold it's shape too well so it got binned. Now the bike has a stick on clear tank protector on the rear of the tank only.

xxx.jpg

I am torn on the tank bra as well... I want to protect the paint, BUT, it definitely takes away from the beauty of the bikes styling/paint, and it would be my luck that it would scratch the heck out of my tank anyway... I like the clear coat idea a little better, just wonder how long until it starts fading/wearing from use...

Decisions,Decisions !!!!
laugh.gif

Back