Do you use a tank pad?

hayanek

Registered
I was thinking that a lot of us stick a tank pad our our tank to prevent some minor scratches and wear. Does this make real sense? When I tried to remove the tank pad from my zx 14 to replace it, it was very difficult to do it and I was afraid that I may permanently ruin the paint on that spot, since that thing did not want to get away.. For my new toy, I decided to go ahead and order a Bagster (others prefer the tank bra..)

I love them. Personal flare with protection for the paint and the inevitable scratches from riding.

-D

yeah I'm not a fan of tank pads neither. I bought a tank bra about 2 years ago and it has worked flawlessly

Got a bra on my bike haha thinking about switching to the bagsyer crossed my mind to put a cool carbon fiber tank pad/gas cap get up just so confused

I was thinking that a lot of us stick a tank pad our our tank to prevent some minor scratches and wear. Does this make real sense? When I tried to remove the tank pad from my zx 14 to replace it, it was very difficult to do it and I was afraid that I may permanently ruin the paint on that spot, since that thing did not want to get away.. For my new toy, I decided to go ahead and order a Bagster (others prefer the tank bra..)

Cover the tank in Racer Tape before you put the Bagster tank cover on.

I just bought a 2x30' roll for $40 for the new Z1000 from motoport

When you move on from the bike, just peel up the racer tape and tank will be pristine.

racer-tape.jpg

racer-tape.jpg

why? do you think that paint becomes more cloudy with the bagster (it shifts a little bit on the tank)?

No, but I'm sure I've worn the clear coat and maybe paint on the back of the tank over the past 6 years and 49K miles, but it looks good to me :laugh:

I use a Suzuki bra on the busa. The 14 has Tech spec. Looks cool, protects and grips your legs. Never tried to remove it but I hear it is not too bad if you use a heat gun.

I had a Mag-Knight bra on my 14 for a couple years. It started to crack. Too bad. NIce product but for what they charge, I want something durable.

Never had any damage to paint finish using a vinyl bra for two years on two dif bikes. I lay on the tank quite a bit too. I don't think it's imperative but I've always taken the bra off and washed under it a few times/year.

A stubborn to remove tank pad is much better than the ugly scratches that the jacket zippers and belt / pant buckles leave on the tank. A tank bra is another option. Basically that is one part of the tank permanently in contact with the body while riding and is bound to fade / get dull or scratch over time unless a protective layer is in between.

No, but I'm sure I've worn the clear coat and maybe paint on the back of the tank over the past 6 years and 49K miles, but it looks good to me :laugh:

:laugh:
Usually I do not keep them more than 2-3 years. I used to have a bagster on my Honda and after 3 years there were no signs of wear on the tank.. Of course, it was a Honda:rofl:

OK, here it is! On Saturday, if the weather is good (since my babe is still new I do not want to expose it to the elaments:)) I will lay on that Bagster for at least 6 hours :laugh:

20140501_183931.jpg

I love the color of my tank and i think it looks great so i dont want to cover it up. i got a pad and i put stomp grips on the sides. i think they work great.

Back