Tank bra & Shorty exhaust question

08BusaKY

Registered
I am thinking about getting a tank bra for my Busa. For those of you that have them -

* do they get dirt under them?
* Have they messed up the paint?
* Do you have to take them off much to clean under them?

I am also thinking about buying a Shorty Exhaust

Are they much louder than the Yoshi or Two Bro's slips-on?

Thanks,

P1010002.jpg

I have the Shorty Voodoo exhaust and they sound great but they are loud. As far as the bra, I have never had one on a bike but I had one on a car and it will oxidize your paint.

I thought about a tank bra myself, but after many beers I came to the realization that I truly am an ass man and I am going to get an old pair of the wifes "G" strings and stretch them over the tank.:moon:

I have one for the last 4 years and I like it... I just wax the tank like every other week and it's good to go.... :thumbsup:

P1010072.jpg

P1010076.jpg

I had a bra on the '06. No problems. Removed it before every wash and waxed the entire bike once in a while. Never had issues with the paint. I think zippers and buckles do a lot more damage. The bras look really, really good bro.

I went with a Brocks Shorty Exhaust...

i also have the shorty voodoo exhaust to. and yes they are loud. buti did lose alot of low end power. should i get a power commander?

I have an OEM carbon-look tank bra I will sell you for $20.00 plus freight. I put it on, and decided to go with the Bagster instead. It was on the bike for maybe a month. PM me if you are interested.

I have a tank bra on my 02 1k since 2002... no problems! And one the 08 busa...no issues!

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

I had bought the tank protector (AKA bra) :laugh: but was thinking of taking it back. I decided to put it on. I like it so far. I do like the bagster too. Had to take the Kanji sticker off again.

Still undecided about exhaust. I realy like the Vance and Hines (black) but they are pricy.

BUSA0509 (5).jpg

Back