Hayabusa Tank Bra fitting problems K8

john74

Registered
I recieved my K8 tank bra today from EBAY and i cant get it to fit like it is on the photo

the sides have wrinkles both left and right...anyone have the same problem(thats if you have it) i ordered 2 and both of them have the bloody creases so what am i doing wrong? i know how to fit it since i had one on my gen1 also without wrinkles

0fedba43_d39d_4da4_9dda_c2901a81b5c1.jpg

Try laying it out in the sun first, but I kinda have the same problem - Never did get all of the wrinkles out.

Try to tie a knot in the elastic band to tighten it , It might take out the wrinkles!
thumb_up.gif

The best I could get it to fit was to take the elastic band and pull it toward the front of the tank and pull it over where the bolts go in. It pulls it real tight and you think it's going to break, but it will work. If you need pics I'll post them tomorrow.

Rayabusa gave me his for free that he ahd left over and never used on his 07
bowdown.gif
I'll deal with a few wrinkles, but actually, it doesn't seem to have any...weird..anyways good luck!
beerchug.gif

Rayabusa gave me his for free that he ahd left over and never used on his 07  
bowdown.gif
I'll deal with a few wrinkles, but actually, it doesn't seem to have any...weird..anyways good luck!
beerchug.gif
07 and 08 are a different shape i have both of them and they are not the same!!!

please post picture whoever has it on,i will upload in the next few days

I had the same problem w/ my 08 bra. The wrinkles are from being folded in the package. I think a couple hot summer days will straighten them out. My are slowly dissipating.

I just took mine off my bike and took an iron with a damp pressing cloth and pressed it from the inside and it seems to be wrinkle free. I will know more tomorrow after it spends the night sitting on the top of a kitchen chair.

you installed it and the wrinkles are gone?? if so let us know because it looks horrible on the 08 with those wrinkles..thanks in advance

I will install it tomorrow and take pictures, but I do not think they will come back.
Here is what it looked like before I took it off.

IMG_3425a.jpg

I will install it tomorrow and take pictures, but I do not think they will come back.
Here is what it looked like before I took it off.
thats what mine looks like now damn it(in the before photo)that looks  
thumb_down.gif

thumb_down.gif

i like what you did with the iron with the After photo,i cant wait to see it on your bike....thanks for the photo upload  
winkold.gif

thumb_down.gif

Here is what mine looks like..

m_142c39f6d1b6403f9e333d52567765b0.jpg

m_e54fa632ac32231b9786d7e796111905.jpg

m_cea1b21b1e57b4a00013e19263d3461f.jpg

This is how I routed the elastic strap..

m_c1a4dfbf525237f27333d8b88ab417e1.jpg

m_bf16dc1462aee1cba466ffa228a0bdef.jpg

Hope this helps..

I need to figure out how to resize... oh well..

Back