Tank bag to support chest?

BusaDenmark

Registered
Hi guys.

I have a question regarding tank bags, which I have not been able to find an answer for through Search button :)

I love my busa and generally the seating position is fine. But for longer stretches of highway my wrists / lower back / shoulders get pretty tired (body part depending on how I position myself).

Now the question: Do any of you guys use your tankbag as support for your chest on long hauls? And does it work? I mean just to take a bit of weight off the wrists.

Thanks in advance :)

I'll lay on my tank bag quite often. Sometimes I'll just put my left arm across it to take some weight off my wrists. Gives your body a different position for a while. Sometimes I even rest my helmet chin guard on the bag to give my neck a rest.

Album cover.jpg

I'll lay on my tank bag quite often. Sometimes I'll just put my left arm across it to take some weight off my wrists. Gives your body a different position for a while. Sometimes I even rest my helmet chin guard on the bag to give my neck a rest.

same here. I have used it to ride 1280 miles in one day.

Yes, it's a good choice for a while. If you keep your arms bent you won't put much weight on your wrists, though.

Now the question: Do any of you guys use your tankbag as support for your chest on long hauls? And does it work? I mean just to take a bit of weight off the wrists.

Absolutely... all the time. On the long hauls, you have to change it up all the time... I let my legs dangle, then toes on the pegs, then heels on the pegs, then lay on the bag, etc.

You need the correct size bag, and it needs to be packed carefully to get the most benefit from laying on it.

Trip 001.JPG

Above are plenty of good tips . The one that is missed is a good strong core . Your own body/mid section . You don't need a six pack , but a few simple
exercises to your core over a few weeks will greatly improve your comfort level on your rides . FYI if you plan a long ride get your body ready just like your bike a
few weeks before hand . It will make all the difference .

I really don't care for any tank bag that isn't hard plastic. all others look like someone taped a duffle bag to their tank. they just don't look right.

I've never owned a tank bag but I do ride distance with my left arm across the tank and I lay on the tank, and swap it up from time to time.

I have actually almost fallen asleep laying on my tank bag! Was just laying there during a long weekend trip, and realized my eyes were nearly closed! Carefull!
Troy

Thanks for the great input :) My wife (who is also a biker) bought a tank bag yesterday, which I tried on the highway. It felt like it would mean a world of difference on long hauls! Will definitely get one for myself ;)

To supplement it I also ordered Helibars last night :) Got the double bobble already.

And yes - I'll be careful not to fall asleep out there on my busa :D

Back