Tank Bag question.

fast08busa

Professional Pilot kinda sorta
Registered
I am having to use my 08 for commuting purposes due to moving about 25 miles further away from work. I normally stuff things in my backpack but after awhile my backpack is falling apart. I normally carry my laptop, gun, and a change of clothes on my back. The question i have is what is the largest capacity tank bag available. I would like to have as much capacity at possible without looking like i have a trunk in front of me while i ride and not obstructing my view of the gauges. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

2010-11-04 08.14.43.jpg

If you're needing a lot of space, then a HUGE tank bag may obstruct your view of the instrument cluster (plus cannot tuck if needed). Curious if you have also looked at getting a tail bag (or saddlebags)?

I was thinking about getting a tail bag because im buying the corbin seat with backrest, does any manufacturer have a built in backrest in the tailbag?

I am unaware of any tail bag that has a built-in backrest but positioned correctly, a TAIL bag can double as a backrest.

Just noticed you need to carry a laptop also. Not sure if this bag will work. What size laptop?

I have a what I consider a pretty big tank bag. I could maybe fit a laptop in it(depending on the PC size), but I don't know if it would fit flat on the bottom of the bag. It might fit in at an angle, but then it wouldn't leave a whole lot of room for some of that other stuff you need.

I have the Cortech Tribag Tankbag. Cortech Tribag Magnetic Tank Bag - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore It says the big bag is about 18" X 9" so maybe you could measure you're PC and have a good guess if it would fit.

It's a great bag and I would recommend it for anyone wanting to carry a vast number of things, just don't know if it's PC worthy.

soft luggage cheapest way to go, I got mine and love it only use it once in awhile but for about 100 bucks you got what you need

My tank bag -Nelson Rigg- is expandable. Added the ventura rack and thats served me well. am gonna surprise the wife one these days and go grocery shopping :laugh:

IMG00042-20091010-1655.jpg

IMG00042-20091010-1655.jpg

I ride with an Ogio No Drag backpack every day on the way to/from work which is 120 miles round trip. You would be surprised at how well a motorcycle specific backpack works.

10OgioNoDragPackStlthLG.gif

Last edited:
I use these for my laptop( watch hard drive with a magnet tank bag,)
highres_9337071.jpe

or you can go the way i ues to on my TL , hehehe

highres_7155815.jpe

My tank bag.

I was looking for a tank bag, to carry my lunch to work. I bought the MotoCentric Mototrek "7" Tank Bag, at first. It looked like it was big enough by the picture, but my lunch bowls, wouldn't fit in it.
MotoCentric Mototrek 7 Tank Bag - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

So I exchanged it, for the "14", and this bag was perfect. It's just the right size, to carry my lunch bowls, or a plate from a restaurant. Plus gloves, little odds & ends, etc...
MotoCentric Mototrek 14 Tank Bag - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

When I go to work, or travel a long distance, this tank bag, plus my back pack, is what I use to carry everything I need for the day.

MotoCentric Centrek Backpack - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Busa Bags.jpg

Back