Talking Batteries..I must say..

My Shorai is 4 years old and I've used a trickle charger on it during winter ( sometimes) . It finally went dead , I would feel fine getting another one . Yes they don't like the cold , everyone with Lith batts say to warm it a bit with a headlight drain. I did see another batt at the bike show called a Mirai . USA made ad they say they balance the cells before making each batt. (says it helps the cells from charging at different rates) Price was better so I may try it this time

Everything I'm seeing on the net is 175 - 180 CCA. Why are guys buying 280 - 300 for a stock Busa ?

My Shorai is 4 years old and I've used a trickle charger on it during winter ( sometimes) . It finally went dead , I would feel fine getting another one . Yes they don't like the cold , everyone with Lith batts say to warm it a bit with a headlight drain. I did see another batt at the bike show called a Mirai . USA made ad they say they balance the cells before making each batt. (says it helps the cells from charging at different rates) Price was better so I may try it this time

The battery tender battery has a built in circuit to balance cells, has a three year warranty, and states you can shelf it for 2 years without charging.

Everything I'm seeing on the net is 175 - 180 CCA. Why are guys buying 280 - 300 for a stock Busa ?

I just swapped out my Full Spectrum lithium battery for a stock spec battery and there is a noticeable difference in power during start-up. The lithium had sat for about a month, and seemed to have a lot more cranking power than the brand new lead acid that I had on the battery tender just to make sure it had a full charge. I swapped them out because I am selling my Hayabusa and plan to put the Full Spectrum in the FJR, when it arrives.

If I plug in a Gen II Suzuki Hayabusa I get a 175 - 180 CCA battery for SLA and a 230 - 240 LiPOE4, I was just wondering about the difference.

More CCA will turn over bike quicker, for those like Frisbee having a bigbore you need the higher cranking amps due to higher compression.

I understood that, but this is a stock bike and when you do the searches they spec the 230 - 240 CCA . I know it doesn't hurt to have the little extra umph when you hit the starter but I found it interesting that the sealed lead acid batteries suggested were 170 - 180 and the LiPOE4 were 230 - 240.

Placed order : Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery BTL14A240C

I will post up the fitment and quality, and obviously the operation and reliability. The tech spec is interesting.

Back