Taking exhaust apart

wreckwriter

Donating Member
Registered
So, I currently have my wideband in the Yoshimura stock location but I know I'm really only getting AFR from one cylinder. I'm thinking about taking the muffler and midpipe off and getting a bung welded in behind the collector.

I've never dealt with an exhaust held together with springs. I have a tool but wondering how difficult it is going to be taking it apart and putting it back together.

Thoughts?

20230815_114800.jpg

Yea, guy said titanium would be best. No worries, not really in a hurry. Too hot here to ride much anyway.

No kidding on the heat, it's been high 80's with 70%+ humidity...at midnight, and for the last week...but it is summer time, lol.
I took my girlfriend for a ride on saturday night(we wear full gear) around 7pm, lots of shade on the roads, and it was still too stuffy to enjoy.
We made it 15 miles, then turned around and went home.
It took about 70 mph for the breeze to feel cool, but we just wanted to cruise empty country roads at 35-45mph...which felt like a sauna.
The heat never really bothered me, but I don't have quite the tolerance I used to either.

No kidding on the heat, it's been high 80's with 70%+ humidity...at midnight, and for the last week...but it is summer time, lol.
I took my girlfriend for a ride on saturday night(we wear full gear) around 7pm, lots of shade on the roads, and it was still too stuffy to enjoy.
We made it 15 miles, then turned around and went home.
It took about 70 mph for the breeze to feel cool, but we just wanted to cruise empty country roads at 35-45mph...which felt like a sauna.
The heat never really bothered me, but I don't have quite the tolerance I used to either.
It's 100 here, every day for the last month or so. I don't ride at night, can't see well at night anymore. My riding season is winter.

Back