Synthetic oil

I run the red top 15w50. I've got 4800miles using Mobil1 with no problems.

Well this topic helped me... Elenor is going for service tomorrow. Im putting Mobil 1 SuperSyn
smile.gif
5W50 ... It's a car engine oil, but I think it should do ok on the Busa

I run Rotella-T syn in all my bikes. Good stuff. '96 RF900R, '04 Roadstar, wife's '98 1100 Virago.

ive used red cap in my '02 R6 almost since day 1... *put the 1st 500 miles on it, did the oil change, put the red cap in. at just shy of 18k miles on it, i sold her.. not 1 problem. and ill change the oil on the new (to me) busa when i get it.

If the clutch has to slip cause of the oil... it will definetly happen within 15 miles pipe
biggrin.gif

Well... tufbusa, I dont have a "Suzuki Shop" In india. As a matter of fact Suzuki does not have a Motorcycle division in India at all, so the question of warrenty just does not arise
biggrin.gif

I'm running the new formula and have been for 8 months now, no problems at all!
smile.gif

I could swear they are quieter and shift better, but it could be the placebo effect.

I'll use the Rotella again.

Thanks for the tip
smile.gif
I noticed better shifting with the full syn Rotella T as well (versus plain old Suzuki dino oil which came in the bike new).

Cheers,

Sarge

<!--EDIT|opdsgt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110725494 -->

Hey why do u guys run such thick oil in your bikes.....
I run the blue cap Mobil 1 5w30.
I have had this oil in my Busa since I changed the 1st time at 200 miles.  Now I am pushin 1380 miles with no problems with clutches and I did notice that my bike did rev a little quicker when sitting at idle compared to the original shop installled.
Brock Davidson uses it on his and his customers stock and "Hot Street" Busa's, Gixxers, and ZX's.  They have tested it for years with no wear issues at all.
The Alisyn <0w oil has also been tested and is the secret oil of race teams. Super thin and protection is unbelievable. Has been tested in race bikes extensively and has no ill effects on clutches. The dyno results are great too.
The Alisyn is goin in my bike on my next oil change.

<!--EDIT|BusaReds
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110726397 -->

That way you don't waste perfectly good syn oil...
speaking of wasting good synthetic oil. I had just gotten my turbo setup together and I had a leak in the oil return line so I ended up draining the 15-50 mobil1 out of it and tossing it. It had about 2 mi on the oil.

I didn't have a clean container to drain it in so I could put it back in. So I just went out and got new.

Well, if the 0W30 Mobil 1 isn't causing the clutches to slip, I guess that should settle the issue. I know it's got at least as much moly in it as the new 15W50. Even the R1 "racing" OW30 has over 100 ppm of moly.

Suzuki calls for a 40 weight oil, though. You're saying the 30 weight is doing fine? Is there any used oil analysis on the 30 weight Mobil 1?

HC

15 w 50 in cold weather is not really good anyhow, synthetic or not, thats thick ####.???

I have put 30k or more on Mobil one Red Cap. Using Castrol Dyno after new break in and then back to Mobil one 10w40

Mobile one red top here.... I did wonder though which to use after they changed the bottles. So, I went to Amsoil! Works great may not go back to Mobile one. Thanks for the info on the other oils this is food for thought....

Back