Switchback kit for sale

jdsbusa

Registered
I've seen a lot of people posting recently about wanting switchbacks. I've got a set for sale in my ads but not a single inquiry about them so I'm not sure if the search feature scans the classified ads for word matches. Hence I'm putting up a separate thread to hopefullly find a new home for my kit that I'm parting off my bike. I have the 48 led tower bulbs included and I've also installed the correct resistors to eliminate the hyper flash leds exhibit normally. All of the wiring has braided sheath over it too for a very clean look and to protect the wiring.

I'm including a pic, was asking $250 as a package deal including the front cowl and turn signal covers (clear style gen 1) but if someone just needs the harness kit and bulbs I'll do it for $90 shipped. If you want the clear OEM lens let me know and we'll work it from there. These are Gen 1, not gen 2 although I do have a set of Gen 2 sockets I could wire without the resistors (as I have no extras) for someone if needed and they can buy the bulbs themselves....but it won't be a next day service as I'd have to do it in my spare time say over the weekend or something. Mainly just looking to sell my switchback kit since it appears to be missed by many who are wanting a kit. Here's the pic...and an "action shot". :laugh: Oh...and the classified ad that it's listed in is here for anyone interested - Parting out complete 2007 Busa - Hayabusa Classifieds

Oh, and the spiral wrap in the pic.....I'm including that so the harness can be tied together to the factory harness that runs from the side of the bike where the main connector is to the front of the nose. Kind of cleans things up real nice and keeps all of the wiring for the switchbacks and headlights in one place. Also, this is powered by your factory Euro connector and factory turn signal connectors found in the nose of the Busa, it's totally plug and play....no wiring whatsoever is required!

sb.jpg

sb11.jpg

Last edited:
Wow... I must have missed something, are they gold plated? I made mine for about $75...

Maybe if you lowered your price you may get someone to bite. Just sayin...

Wow... I must have missed something, are they gold plated? I made mine for about $75...

Maybe if you lowered your price you may get someone to bite. Just sayin...

You did miss something....called labor. Most people don't want the hassle of doing them own their own or the technical know-how. Here's the breakdown for anyone else who feels they can be done for $75. :laugh:
48 LED Switchback Bulbs $27.99 each (plus shipping) $60.98 including shipping
Replacement sockets (the inner, that goes into the plastic socket) $10 from most local auto parts stores)
Mine have resistors, available on Ebay or other vendors for $15 shipped
Assorted wiring, solder, heat shrink, braided sleeving all of which I used on mine lets say $6 being VERY modest with that because to buy the 2 styles of braided sleeving like I did is going to cost much more, I've used this stuff of a lot of items so buying in bulk is cheaper but can't be found anywhere near $6 for the 4-5 feet of material you'll need.
So...grand total of all of this comes to $91.98, plus it'll cost me $4.80 priority to ship these, so $96.78 netting me -$6.78 labor.....:laugh: Does that make more sense? Sure you can build them for under $75, but including the 48 LED bulbs usually shoots your budget all the heck. Oh, I forgot the oem connector plug....that's another dollar. Maybe the whole looks of things aren't as important to some, but to me it is. Post a pic of yours so I can see your handywork.

Last edited:
Here is what I did a while back...

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/electrical-mods/73326-front-blinker-running-light-mod.html

I just pieced stuff that I had laying around. Nothing special. I also had a spare wiring harness for the front fairing as well. I don't like cutting wiring harness if I don't have to and if I can use a connector I will. I used this connector, because I had it laying around, plus it had enough conductors. And if I wanted to go back stock, I could just use the connectors and hook them back up. I soldered and used heat shink tubing. I didn't have any Raychem around or I would have used that. I didn't really need any wire loom because the wiring isn't going to be seen by anyone and there isn't anything that it might interfer with when taking it apart, so I just route it with the stock wire hold down clips. As far as the resistors, the are pretty cheap (8 ohm, 25 watts), I installed mine in the rear tail section when I installed the integrated tail assembly, so there was no need to add additional resistors up front, the blinking rate was still close to stock. Regardless, the resistor would have been easy enough to install upfront as well. Since then I ended up getting rid of the resistors and replacing my flasher relay with one that is designed for LED's.

So, that's what I did a few years ago. The only thing I would do different was to souce the stock suzuki connectors, but I was just using what I had laying around.

I tihnk GixxerHP put together a plug and play kit for everyone, I think he was asking around $100 for them, I will have to see if I can find that thread as well to see what he did.

I guess it helps to read your first post a little closer...

I thought you wanted $250 for the lens and blinkers.... but that was $250 for the front fairing with the blinker mod... that makes since.

$90 for the blinker mod is an acceptable price by all means...

I guess it helps to read your first post a little closer...

I thought you wanted $250 for the lens and blinkers.... but that was $250 for the front fairing with the blinker mod... that makes since.

$90 for the blinker mod is an acceptable price by all means...
Ah...no, you got it now, was parting out the bike and thought someone might want the entire assembly so I priced it as a group originally. But after seeing about 4 or 5 people as of late asking about getting these and no response I thought I'd offer to sell them just outright as the fully wired kit and bulbs minus the clear lens and front cowl.

I apologize!
No problem bro - you misunderstood my OP and I misunderstood your response. I thought you were calling me out for asking too much on the kit at $90 but you were thinking I was asking $250 - HUGE difference. :laugh: It's all good!

So this is exactly why we set the classifieds up...

YES when you search new ads come up...

Now we have a sale thread that ends in someone buying the product but a worthless thread that only an admin can edit or remove....

PLEASE USE THE CLASSIFIEDS.... Everytime someone post in the forum your just bypassing the system and making it one reason for someone to not go to the classifieds to see someone elses ad... When we send our sitemap to the search engines the last thing we need is a lot of old sales threads coming up for people to click on. It actually hurts the site because it directly effects our rankings when people click on a link from Google or Yahoo or Bing, then leave back to the search engine from the same page... Its called bounce! we need, we must keep this to a minnimum to help the site as a whole...... We send thousands, hundreds of thousands, actually millions of links to Google every day asking them to scan us, guys there is a reason we ask that you do things a certain way, not because we want to be in control or have it our way but simply to make the site better than it ever has been...

CAp

Last edited:
Feel free to delete this Cap (or any other mod viewing). Payment was received for them but it seems either people weren't using the search button or the search isn't pulling up the classifieds. I had them listed in the classifieds but not a single inquiry. I post up because it seems everyone and their brother is looking for them (and I sent PM's as well, several of which went without a response). Not sure which is the case, but at any rate this thread can be deleted.

So what exactly is a switch back? It blinks from white to yellow orrr? I want this if it hasn't sold, but it appears it has...

Back