some parts required for LED switchback mod

riccoh

Registered
First i will like to say thanks to all the ones (you all know who they are) that made this an interesting mod for the busas...:bowdown::whistle::bowdown::beerchug: they look great and set the bikes of the ones that muster the courage to take things apart worth it....( I use to be one of those who always paid others to do my maint and upgrades)

With that:

I did the led tail and swithcbacks.. here are some things to consider if you (like me) hate cutting or splicing the factory hardness:

if you are going the cheaper route, instead of LED Towers (switchbacks) you could use the following and keep the OEM bliking rate:

1. L/P has the 2 pole flaser relay if you only change the untertail and need to slow down the bliker rate back to OEM (part #122-7500/$12.99)

2. L/P also carries the stock front and rear blinker connectors so you dont have to cut the original sockets that come out of your housings for the turn signals (part #122-9654/$5.95)

3. NAPA part # 1157A/$5.99 (amber dual filament bulbs).

4. For lighting you license plate after the undatail install you could use the BOLT/FX led license plate LED bolts (part #642-1210/$12.99)

If you have all leds then you will need one of the following (all found at NAPA Auto parts for around $12.99)intead of the LP 2 pole relay:
1. Tricco flasher relay (part # EP-35)
2. Tridon flasher relay (part # EP-35)
3. Standard Motors flasher relay (part #ALFP 9)

installation was almost identical as the (switchback led towers-by OMHSLAW), however I did the realy a little different:
1. when conneting the factory tail light sockets, I use the L/P factory connectors and it's strait forward.
2. For the brown wires (running lights) I connected that to the 12 V supply on the spare connector from the nose
3. I also added a black wire to the connector (plug) in the nose to connect the EP-35 relay so that I don't need to break the insulation on the hardness.

For Safety,
I soldered all the wires/connectors, waterproof everything with heat shrink, and is totally plug and play...
As mention earlier, I tried both versions and have created a spare hardness and will really take me only a few minutes to go back to original with no damage to the original hardness... but really don't see a reason for removing my switchbacks...:thumbsup:

Riccoh, I have installed the Switchbacks and need advice on installing the relay to reduce the flash to normal. Does the EP-35 replace the stock flasher? Where and how ... ? ???

Thanks - Kent

Back