switch back help

ham4864

Registered
i am using 1157 sockets i want to make a pro looking switch back harness. I want to make the harness first then order the bulbs next.being as tho i don't have the bulbs in front of me. what wire would be for the white running light and what wire would be for the amber/yellow signal.I do know that the black wire with the white tracer on the outside is the ground wire.

What the hell is a "Switch back harness"? :dunno:

An efficient wiring solution to connect LED towers for the front turn signals that "switch Back" to continuous white after flashing yellow.

If you need a more lengthy explaination..PM blanca. :laugh:

Gen II switchback question. What 1157 socket (I guess the rear) do I need to get for the front switchback mod? Will the gen II rear sockets fit the fronts for the switchback mod or do I need a different one like the gen I rear socket? Or are they the same?

I've searched but I can't find this answer... I see lots of gen I mods but no gen II. I think my searching ability sucks.

Also, will a 40+ LED tower switchback fit the gen II housing?

Thanks guys.

i did the gen II with 60 LED switchback towers(thanks to ken), and i used the 1157 sockets I had laying around from the tail from my gen I, but you can easily get the 1157bungs to fit the GEN II factory sockets

i did the gen II with 60 LED switchback towers(thanks to ken), and i used the 1157 sockets I had laying around from the tail from my gen I, but you can easily get the 1157bungs to fit the GEN II factory sockets

Thanks for the info... where did you splice the running light to? Rear lights?

no on the gen II you will need to splice into the front running lights next to the headlight, the best way to accomplish this is the BOOSTBYSMITH.COM accessory harness, since is all plug and play and only a few bucks extra. plus it gives you a few more plugs to add additional accesories down the road.

Back