Swingarm socket?

bitabur

Registered
Where's the best (cheapest) place to get the 4-point special socket tool for removing the swingarm nut?

I've also heard of people making them from a regular socket, is that hard to do? Is it worth the time?

I'm glad this thread is up becuase I had some similar questions on regualar maintenance/torquing. There is a lot of torquing that needs to be done on a regular schedule, do you all do it yourselves? I attempted to tackle this and found I had none of the tools, does anyone have a list of what exactly I need to purchase to be able to follow the three or more pages of torque points? Looks like I just found the swingarm socket, but can that same socket be used for the steering stem nut? any other unique tools necessary? I'd hate to have to bring it to the dealer every 4000 miles/yearly for torquing.

boostbysmith.com has the cut sockets, they are cheaper than the o.e. sockets, i spent some time trying to cut a socket up and gave up after it didnt fit quite right. i bought one from schnitz, you could also use a punch if you dont care about malling that lock nut up, i dont recommend it but there are people that do it that way.

I found when pulling mine apart that i didnt nee that special tool.You still have to loosen the axle since its also threaded.I took the 36mm nut off the left side and used a 24mm hex wrench to turn the axle out.

Back