Swingarm removal stand

celticBandit

Registered
Hey guys, Just looking for suggestions as to how to jack the bike up for swingarm removal. I can put a trolley jack under the fairing bracket but it isn;t very steady.

Also gonna strap it to the rafters with a truck cargo strap.
But ideally I need two points near the swingarm pivot location that I can put axle stands under, but the exhaust is nin the way there.

Any suggestions???? :banghead:

will this work? Redline Sport Bike Motorcycle Center Stand

Sport_Bike_Center_Stand_07_LRG.jpg

The first time, I put mine up on stands front and rear, then used straps from the rafters to the subframe to hold it up. The next two times, I used a Baxley sport chock in the front and a jack under the belly wing bracket. That was three times as stable as using the straps to the ceiling

If it's a Gen 1, you could install a centerstand. Not too expensive, and very convenient.

Suzuki part number is 42100-24821. It's discontinued but still available discounted at many places. I even found it on ebay for both US and UK sites.

If it's a Gen 1, you could install a centerstand. Not too expensive, and very convenient.

Suzuki part number is 42100-24821. It's discontinued but still available discounted at many places. I even found it on ebay for both US and UK sites.

Funny, going through my shed the other day. I found a center stand new in package. $115 shipped if anyone is interested. Only thing is that a mouse kinda chewed through some of the instructions.

Flip your pegs over and you should be able to put it up on jackstands. I use the strap over the rafters method, but if I has to do it again I will use the footpegs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, I got it sorted. First I jacked it up using a trolley jack under the rear belly pan bracket, removed the sidestand and then put axle stands under the frame. A strap up to the rafters just incase it gets unstable. Thanks for the help guys.

Back