Swingarm questions

GR8WHITE

Registered
I can not make up mind , so help me out .

I want a standard width , 10+ over , underbraced , nitrous mount , internal airtank and powdercoated swingarm .

Let me stop some of you before you even get started . I know , I , know , I know some of you are going to say 10+ is too much . But thats ok , I think my 230lbs. + gear weight ,lowering & strapping down , a mickey thompson and some clutch control can help take care wheel spin .

Here are some questions :

Chromoly or Aluminum ?

Will chromoly break welds with the stresses of street riding ?

Which manufactor ? (I've been looking at TRAC , Byke Engineering , C&S and Thompson)

Also , are internal air tanks alright or should I just split off my nitrous tank to the airshifter ?

Try and get ahold of Canadian Mike (Site Sponsor) and see what he can come up with. He makes real nice looking swingarms. He might be able to hook you up.
thumb_up.gif

just get one of the co2 airshifters and that way you dont need air in the arm there is a group buy going on for the shifters right now

Make sure you stick with your intentions of getting it underbraced whatever you pick.

I'd suggest one with a wide range of adjustment.  10+ is long"¦"¦ a 6-12 or 4-10 arm might give you options if it is too long after giving it a shot. On the same note, I prefer the ones that have large blocks that are reversible (or have multi holes). I don't like the long adjustor bolts.  

You had better factor a shock (or revalving) and spring in there to hook it up.

Chromoly is great material IF it is worked correctly. Source of the tubing can be an issue.  There is some junk out there. The right filler rod has to be used. Correct welding techniques have to be used.  Most of the breaks we saw in sprint car racing came back to improper welding techniques.
Nothing wrong with a good built aluminum arm either.

McIntosh, Velocity, Trac. Alumimium.
Whichever of the 3 you get your best deal on.
I don't think that Mike makes arms that long. I've been wrong before tho.

Theres also a guy on psychobike named Zook,he makes some nice arms as well,he's got some running in the 7's and 8's I think.

Back