Swingarm Questions????

HeyABusa

Registered
So basically i have stock 06 with normal mods planning on putting a dry 50 shot on it tuned ofcourse, my question is what is a good length for my setup, which would better suit me a factory extended arm or some sort of chromoly race lite arm, i also do have future plans on going 1397 with a bit more spray once the motor starts gettin weak, all advice is appreciated

anything over 6" is pretty much for looks-to go cheap route, add extensions 4" over and you're done...go 6" over w/a new arm if you got the $$ and the urge:thumbsup:

well i have about 1100 to spend on a arm, i guess a new arm would better suit me especially for future mods and more power :thumbsup: any recomendations on a good arm??? link,website help whatever:laugh: lol thanks in advance

There are a lot of things to consider. Lengthening the bike even 2 inches will make a difference. You have to see what your goal is.
In my case I wanted to keep the stock look to make it stealthier. I’m not a fan of the real long arms. There is also a point where you start loosing traction because you can not transfer the weight as well. Then you get into the shock mods needed to make up for the change in ratio.

Here is mine with a 2.25-3.5 cheater arm by McIntosh

4306.jpg

well put, well i like to do some spirited evening adventures on the weekends and alot of track time i'm assuming with the mods i have and the spray should put me around the 200-210 mark so i'm guessing a 4-8 arm will do good who makes a good underbraced aftermarket arm around 1100 bucks?
Also professor :bowdown: im not worthy everything is just so well said with you lol

these are my mods if someone wants to maybe help on more swingarm suggestions, air box mod, bmc race filter, short stacks, murray sidewinder, pair mod, cycle-tek airshifter, slave support, clutch mod, HD springs, ape clutches, 16-42 gearing, 003 Shinko and soon to be on a mps spyder dry kit and for management i'll be using the new Petrik software from boostbysmith.com

whew thats a nice mod list cant wait till i go 1397 all these mods will finally get used on a real motor besides this stocker

Last edited:
Look on PsychoBike, there's always somebody selling an arm on there.

Back